DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dodge ram hemi 5.7L and i was thinking about Edelbrock Shorty Headers. What do you guys think or I was thinking about going with the gibson headers.I would like your comment I also have flowmaster 70 now.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So which one do you suggest that I should go with.I would like to get them soon and I want to get the best one that I need.Thanks for your comment.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
mojoman said:
So which one do you suggest that I should go with.I would like to get them soon and I want to get the best one that I need.Thanks for your comment.
If you want performance, then I would go with the Pacesetter Longtubes. I have the Hedmans which are similar, but are a lesser quality than the Pacesetters. You can get them from AIRRAM.com for a very good price.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard that if you go with the pace you will have problem when it come to emission.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Only in CA. I know of many guys using them here in TX with no problems. And any longtubes will fail emmisions in CA, so I dont know what to say. If you are worried about that, then check out the Edelbrock Mids...they are also a very nice quality set of headers and will show noticable gains as well.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,445 Posts
06ramhemi said:
I went with the pace setters and y from AIRRAM.. 660 with the cutout :rck:
WAS THAT WITH A MANUEL OR ELECTRIC CUTOUT

·
Banned
754 Posts
You will love em. i have them and dual dmh's goin thru the stock muffler dumped. I pure like a kitten under normal driving which i like cause im 50 but i can get mean and bad ass in a hurry if i need too lol

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
chipraider77 said:
You will love em. i have them and dual dmh's goin thru the stock muffler dumped. I pure like a kitten under normal driving which i like cause im 50 but i can get mean and bad ass in a hurry if i need too lol
you have the pacesetter y and dual cutouts?? how'd you do that??

·
Registered
306 Posts
is the Y pipe needed with the pacesetter headers? What is it used for? And how difficult is an install. If I can do it myself, I def want em.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I bought my setup used and headers had flanges welded on. then i think the cutout mounts are wellded at the beginning of the Y pipe and then goes into a single pipe

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Capone said:
What do you guys think about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ryZ33631QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, which muffler sounds the best in your own opinion? I'm looking at Flowmaster 50's, but I think Borla and Magnaflow aren't too bad.
I have thought about these as a cheaper alternative to the Pacesetters. However, you will need some welding skills or have access to a shop. The runners are a skoshe smaller that the LT's (1 5/8 vs 1 3/4). I'm not sure of the collector size, I have asked but no yet received a response. If you look at the Thorley Tri-Y's, these are an exact copy, only in SS.
The Doc..... :cool:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
badblackhemi said:
awsome!! you'll love them. hey we're going to HRP this friday if you wanna come. shoot me a pm.
i might be able to come for a little bit.. gota take the wife to haunted house.. Boo :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.