DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about putting headers on my 94/318 but i got to looking and was wondering, do the headers have a place for the egr valve tube on it.

thanks olof

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Yep they do. I got the summit headers and they cam with the EGR. I ended up cancelling the EGR so I did not need it. If you do not plan on deleting the EGR then plan on getting a new tube or maybe even the entie EGR valve because it will never come off and be resused.

Here are some pictures of my header install.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Didi you notice any difference with the headers or just a different sound....i was thinking about doing the summit headers but i dont want to pay $130 for a noise change lol i want more power.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
I would not say huge difference in themselves. But, with everything together headers will be a must.

Air in Air out. If you put a huge exhaust with a small throttle body the exhaust will not help. But, change throttle body intake cam, bigger exhaust is a must.

I cannot comment really much on the sound difference. When installed my headers, I also had a leak at my Cat so the exhaust was loud to begin with. You will hear more engine noise but it is not to the point where you will curse the day you put them on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
lol my trucks already loud enough with the the 2.5" straight pipe...i think if there were any more engine noise my neighbors would call the police on me again hahaha

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Since you already have free flow I don 't think you really need headers, for your case until you upgrade your intake and have it breathe a little better. Headers will not give you an increase in the butt dyno.

·
Registered
175 Posts
As far as intake wise you what would you go with?

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Stick with what you have and do a modification, smooth out the intake runners and plenum. Open up the Throttle body smooth it out. With those 37" tires you will want as much lower end torque as possible. The 4.10 work well but with 37" I would have gone 4.56.

Until you decide you want to go all out and buy a cam. Stick with what you have and modify. 1.7 Roller Rockers is a nice upgrade through out the entire power band, but expensive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
ya, alright cool cool. i wanna go 4.56's im just tight on money. came with 4.10's so it'll work for now

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
I have a k&n cold air and Im currently fixing the plenum problem, but I was thinking that while I nearly have the entire top of the engine apart, that I might put summit headers on. Do you think it would be worth it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If i were that far into a engine project and had all that apart i'd put as much on it as possible b4 assembling it all back together that way it's like a new motor. So i would say go for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.