DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a few LH forums people have been talking about headers. I even started on the short craze on using the JBA 1920s shorty headers from a LX on my car, I didn't go far into the project buy a few people went ahead and went with it. I dropped the project due to "no point in it" because you would still end up with a hell of a bend in the exhaust.

Also on the same forums people have been talking about using First Gen 3.5L LH exhaust manifolds. I still think you would have the same issue. I even played around in CAD for some shorty headers that wouldn't require to modify the exhaust but since the Catalytic Converters are right there and the space there would be a huge mess of tubing.

Best bet is to make long tube headers, cut out the stock catalytic converters and move them or even go hi-flow after market and move them to where the front resonator is located under the car. This would also require some O2 sensor re-wiring. This would also give reason to do a true dual exhaust setup as well. Toss in a dual inlet dual outlet muffler to muffle and act as a X pipe at the end of the channel and run pipe to the tail or even branch it off and put two more mufflers or resonators on the tail pipes.

I'll toss up some picture ideas as I go. I'm planning to chop the JBA headers so I don't have to get some new flanges cut.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This project is put on hold. Lost my shop a while back and have no work space. Not to mention the area I live in doesn't like people working on their cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.