DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plans to add JBA shorty headers to my 07 Charger 5.7L. I dont want to do it myself so I called the dealer to see if they would install them for me. I was given every excuse as to why I shouldnt have them installed. I was told by the Service Manager that the check engine light would stay on. I would have problems with the oxygen sensors and There would be no performance difference with the headers than with the exhaust manifold. Has anyone added headers and did they have any problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have plans to add JBA shorty headers to my 07 Charger 5.7L. I dont want to do it myself so I called the dealer to see if they would install them for me. I was given every excuse as to why I shouldnt have them installed. I was told by the Service Manager that the check engine light would stay on. I would have problems with the oxygen sensors and There would be no performance difference with the headers than with the exhaust manifold. Has anyone added headers and did they have any problems.
The check engine light doesnt stay on thats with longtubes not shorties,and there is some performance gain from shorties just not as much for longtubes....

hope this helps!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's obvious that dealership's service department doesn't need or want the work. Take your time to find someone that will work with you on that install.

moparmike610 is correct, most with long tube headers get rear O2 sensor codes. The shorties should not have any issues.

You will see a 10-15hp bump with the headers.

Also, the Diablo Predator allows you to turn off the Rear O2 sensors so those codes are not an issue for long tubes. If you don't have a turner I suggest you look into getting a Predator, it's canned tunes will enhance a stock setup and once you install more performance mods (cam and/or heads) you can get a custom tune that milks more out of the setup.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 06 Charger R/T which I installed mopar long tube headers. The car thru codes for the sensors a couple times but having a super chip programmer all I did is reset them. Since the last rest I have had no codes, so the computer has modified its self to work with th headers. I have also installed an Arlington 90mm throttle body with no codes or problems.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Off subject... what are your thoughts on the 90mm TB mapper92?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good morning hedgehog.
When I was looking for the throttle body I saw the 85mm but figured that it was not a big enough increase to make enough of a difference. Since I have installed the 90mm I have been very happy, I use the superchip and as for the computer accepting the bigger body I have had no problems. Car goes like a bat out of hell. No pings or misses of any kind. Keep in mind if you haven't done the exhaust this might be a problem.
What goes in has to get out!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the update mapper92, glad to hear the 90mm setup is working good for you.

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
no lights with the 5.7's and shorty headers... dont worry. only problem is easiest way to do them is to take off the heads, and with that being said might as well cam and head the motor while you have the heads off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.