DodgeTalk Forum banner
  • Enter for your chance to win a $50 Amazon Giftcard! HERE.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally gotten around to putting some mods on my old reliable I've babied for going on 18 years.
I'm trying to determine a good set of headers for this generation ram 1500. Definitely going LT.

Which would be considered the best all around? And which site is the most reliable for ordering?

Thanks!

·
Red Trucker
3,052 Posts
Well that depends, do you want shorties that will work with your stock exhaust (does AL do emissions testing?) or do you want long tubes for better performance but require more work and expense?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going long tubes. AL doesn't do emissions testing (the few times I've been pulled over in the past in my 97 SST they always wanted to know what I was running). I was thinking American Racing since that's what I had on my 97, but wasn't sold on it. I've seen folks talking about the cheaper pacesetters and more expensive kooks, but not for the 04. Seems like it's harder to come by for that year.

·
Red Trucker
3,052 Posts
Ceramic coated Pacesetters are good (I have them) just make sure you get good header bolts and use OEM gaskets.
Headers: Pacesetter Performance
They used to have a coated Y pipe listed but it seems not anymore, though I'm betting there's still plenty floating around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts