DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 72 Charger w/ a rebuilt 318 that was equipped with headers at the time but the way they were installed make them hang to close to the ground. Do I have the wrong headers? :gr_patrio

· Registered
563 Posts
The headers are probably right. I have the same problem on my dart. I would suggest a set of TTI headers they are supposed to have more ground clearance.

· Registered
563 Posts
Can you post pictures of that header. I haven't dealt with any b-body cars, I know that on the a-bodies the drag link goes through one of the headers.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
jdunn72 said:
Thanks Mopar freak , I just hope i can get them off w/out pulling out the steering column because one of the pipes are routed around it :dtrocks:
since you are looking for a new set of headers a saw-saw would take care of that problem with getting around the steering column. i don't mean cutting the steering column but cutting the headers. :D

· Registered
563 Posts
Thats definatly a quick way to get them off, but if the new headers are built the same way then the the steering column is going to have to come apart to put them back in.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
84 Ram said:
Thats definatly a quick way to get them off, but if the new headers are built the same way then the the steering column is going to have to come apart to put them back in.
that's very true.

you might have a better thought on this since you have an a-body, but i remember seeing some headers have a slip collar on one of the tubes that either go around the steering column or through the fire wall on a-bodies so they are easier to install.

· Registered
563 Posts
The headers on the car in my signature has Hedman Hustlers every tube on them has a slip yoke. Hookers don't have any thats what I had on the dart before the Hedmans and the drag link had to come apart to install them. I am unsure on the B-body stuff thats why I was wanting to see pictures of the header that wraps around the steering column.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.