DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car Show Detailer
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the best, shorty headers. don't care what finish.

Then, I need a fresh - real - High Flow cat. (yeah, yeah.. I'd run without one, but I don't like the smell)

What do i buy, and where can I get them cheapest?

Thank You :cheerl:

Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
i would check summit racing for the headers and high flow cat

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
ebay stainless shorties cost me $150. the cat is magnaflow hands down. a weld in should cost $100 from ebay. direct bolt in w/ down pipes is lots more $1000! YA! three zeros!

·
Car Show Detailer
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the ebay stainless headers are good

I filed them in a 'too good to be true' category - given the price and the fact that they're stainless.....

but i should grab a pair??

·
Registered
485 Posts
drop the CATTTTTTTT

·
Car Show Detailer
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i lose the cat all together...

(keep in mind, 2001 - obdII - )

what do i do with the inevitable check engine light?

(i got a CEL when one of the o2 sensors went bad, another time i got one because a wire moved and burned thru, so - i know they do something - just, how to get around that?)

my truck is emissions exempt in the state of MA, GVWR is what it is - and they don't test trucks, 3/4 ton or better, so no cat is an option.. i just would like to know how to do it correctly

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
fastman is a fella who sponsors this site and has lots of speed shop stuff for these trucks. search him out for an o2 simulator/ $200. it goes in place of the down stream o2. it fools the truck when you gut out the cat! you still need a good up stream o2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.