DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody I am thinking on getting header to go with my true dual flowmaster, any suggestion on what to get.I have a 06 dodge ram hemi with the 2wd. :help:

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Mojoman, I've been doing a bit of research on the headers. In short, more people have higher performance gains with the Long Tube headers. The Dynotech's are by far the superior setup but at more than twice the cost. The Pacesetters are the second choice for most but that doesn't do me any good. The Pacesetter's are not CA legal. Only the shortys. I don't care for the sound that comes from shortys nor the look but most of all, I want all the performance I can get if I'm going through the trouble.
I put up a "group buy" on the Dynotech but no one wants to join in. They were $1200 as a group buy. ouch.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks but once again.. living in CA has it's disadvantages..

"Because BRUTE FORCE headers replace the factory catalytic converter with a high-flow unit, they are not 50-state legal. "

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
The Dynatechs aren't emissions legal either....none of the long tube headers are.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are they the long or short tube.I am thinking that the mid range will work best for the dodge ram hemi.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
The Dynatech are long tube, but there are a lot of guys in Cali that are running the long tubes and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
mojoman said:
Are they the long or short tube.I am thinking that the mid range will work best for the dodge ram hemi.

MoJo,

I bit the bullet and went with the Edelbrock TES Mids and I Love them. It may not be as much gain as LTs, but let me tell ya, The GAINs are there. From what I have been able to gather through research, the LTs really help you down low. The Mids (and shorties) are tuned for more Mid-Top end power respectively. i Highly recommend them.

·
Banned
754 Posts
He has an 06--will they fit a 06?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Todd157k said:
Thanks but once again.. living in CA has it's disadvantages..

"Because BRUTE FORCE headers replace the factory catalytic converter with a high-flow unit, they are not 50-state legal. "
Have been on the Dynatech web site todd?

NOTE: These products are intended for racing and off-road applications.
Not legal for sale or use in the state of California, nor in states which have
adoptedCalifornia emission standards.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch in right.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you I will check into them.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
any effect on mpg with headers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Dynatech's offered out under their own name are NOT CARB certified however the "factory" LT headers from Dodge are made by Dynatech and (supposedly) are CARB certified. Not sure how all that works but I did call the dealer and ask. The dealer wants the same price for them.. but wants to stick me another $300 to put them on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Todd157k said:
The Dynatech's offered out under their own name are NOT CARB certified however the "factory" LT headers from Dodge are made by Dynatech and (supposedly) are CARB certified. Not sure how all that works but I did call the dealer and ask. The dealer wants the same price for them.. but wants to stick me another $300 to put them on.
Better check again,they are rated as off road use only and are not CARB certified or warranted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.