DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am having a serious brain fart. How do you connect Pacesetter Y pipe to the Pacesetter headers? Do they have to be welded together or do you put flanges on the Y pipe and bolt them to the headers? Any help...much appreciato.
The Doc..... :help:

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Slip fit and clamps or you can get them welded.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
I Just Also Got My Headers And Im Gonna Install Them Wednesday But I Want Yall Opinion What Is The Best Or What Do Most Of Yall Do .................weld Or Clamps

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Band clamps, very tight all the way around so no exhaust leaks, and can be removed if you decide to sell the headers without damaging them. Bad part is they are kind of expensive....

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
I Just Also Got My Headers And Im Gonna Install Them Wednesday But I Want Yall Opinion What Is The Best Or What Do Most Of Yall Do .................weld Or Clamps
AWSOME!! Glad you finally got them. How do they look??

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
what is this i hear about pacesetters not fitting the 4wd's?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
very true, i had them before and will be buying them for this truck also lol
congrats on the headers

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
okay cause what's his name the guy with the daytona that is kinda new here he said in another thread that some people with 4wds were having to cut something by their tranny

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
crisbruyere said:
okay cause what's his name the guy with the daytona that is kinda new here he said in another thread that some people with 4wds were having to cut something by their tranny
If they do, then I'm sure it is a very minor modification.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
yea it was me matt idk that wat turned me off about the headers, everyone with a 4x4 had to cut a piece of the tranny housing i mean its not much i think but for someone like myself that doesnt know what they are doing idk if crisbruyere is mechanically inclined it jsut seems if i cut to deep than i have a 3000 dollar investment and not a 500 dollar investment, but u know better than i do so if matt says its ok than do it man and let me know waht happens so i can do this mod soon.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
thanks....they look awsome, it the best feeling when u've been waiting for a while and when u walk to ur door there just sitting there. im gonna install them wednesday after work and gonna try to go to the 1/8 mile to test them out and race this other daytona.....thanks for helping me matt

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
yea it was me matt idk that wat turned me off about the headers, everyone with a 4x4 had to cut a piece of the tranny housing i mean its not much i think but for someone like myself that doesnt know what they are doing idk if crisbruyere is mechanically inclined it jsut seems if i cut to deep than i have a 3000 dollar investment and not a 500 dollar investment, but u know better than i do so if matt says its ok than do it man and let me know waht happens so i can do this mod soon.
I dont have a 4x4 and I have never seen the 4wd Pacesetters, so dont hold me to this yet...I just dont see Pacesetter making a 4wd specific set of headers if they were going to require extensive modification.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
do i need anything for my 02 sensors

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
thanks....they look awsome, it the best feeling when u've been waiting for a while and when u walk to ur door there just sitting there. im gonna install them wednesday after work and gonna try to go to the 1/8 mile to test them out and race this other daytona.....thanks for helping me matt
No problem!! Call me before you go to the track...I might try to race with you!!

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
im going friday to the 1/8 mile on the beltway it be nice if some other hemi's be up there especially u matt so u can show people what the HEMI all about

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
No problem!! Call me before you go to the track...I might try to race with you!!
ya ill call u i might try to get up there early so i can practice with the 17's

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
ya ill call u i might try to get up there early so i can practice with the 17's
I heard that track is strict when it comes to shaved handles...I would hate to drive all the way downtown for nothing.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I heard that track is strict when it comes to shaved handles...I would hate to drive all the way downtown for nothing.
ill call up there tommorrow and find out for u cause there are some good races out there on a friday night and the weather channel said it will be a low of 69 deg

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
ill call up there tommorrow and find out for u cause there are some good races out there on a friday night and the weather channel said it will be a low of 69 deg
I hope they let me race...What time do they run??

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.