DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I did a search, and came up with some old posts but got 15ft lbs and 22 ft lbs on the header bolts. I know we are not gonna be able to get a torque wrench in there, but we are gonna do the torque on something else and see how it feels? and attempt to get it right the first time!

This is the moesperformance jethot setup with the pacesetter bolts. I know I know, some have had good luck with them and others have had problems with them backing out. Talking with bob, he said when he did the headers they kept backing out, yet when his mechanic guy did his cam swap and tightened them down they never backed out! So we will see? I know antiseeze on the bolts.

Has anyone had a problem with the front/ rear o2's not being long enough on a 06 Ram qc, 2wd? His front o2's dont seem like they will be long enough. thanks again guys!

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys need a confirmation.. we are mounting the headers now! thanks

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Hell I just tightened mine as best I could. With the tools and access I had, I'd be damn surprised if I could get enough torque on any of those bolts to harm anything.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I hope you have stage 8 bolts,it will save you a lot of grief.
Just remember they are aluminum so dont tighten to much,or youll be fcked.
Also make sure all bolts are started before starting to tighten down.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
On my Dynatech's they called for 18-20 ft/lb of torque.You can't get a torque wrench on most of the bolt's though.(Don't know what access for room on the header's your putting on.)I used a boxed end wrench and tighted them down as tight as i could with a short wrench.I also used stage 8's so i did'nt have to worry about it.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks for all the help guys, we got everything buttoned up in a little under 4 hours. I dunno if the bolts were stage 8, probably not, they are the ones that came with the pacesetter headers from moesperformance. Left the inner fenderwells out for now, and if they keep backing out my buddy will buy the locking stage 8's and install them. But thanks again for the quick replys.

Richard

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
The stage 8 bolts are the ones with the tabs on them. I have them and not a single bolt ever moved. You can tell because the tabs are still loose. If the bolts started backing out the tabs would be tight against the headers.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
i also used the ones that came from pacesetter. they havnt come lose yet. make sure that you use anti seize on the bolts.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
22, 23 ft lbs are the #s I have seen. If your installing the headers when the heads are off this can be done on most of the bolts..

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
I'm using the bolts that came with my gibson headers and they havent backed out yet. They've been on for about a year now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.