Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
We tryed damn near everything to get it out,... even a tiny(thin) screw driver and tryed prying it out,... sucker wouldn't budge.

After thinking about it a little... I think with the combination of some WD40, and some of your bathroom floss(to break the contact between the socket and the pipes), you should be able to pry it out with the screw driver.

Paul
Good idea Paul. I guess we can try next week when I get back in town.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
How about running a piece of bailing wire through one end and out the other (loop it through). Grab both ends and pull in the direction you need to. That seems too easy so I am sure I am missing something in the visual I have, but thought I would at least throw it out there. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
FINALLY!!!!

We got it out. THe buddy that dropped it grabbed some ear plugs and laid underneath the truck. I rev'd the hell out of it. And it came loose he said.

So the Bo-Bo is now gone. Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i was going to say if it wont come out get out a blow torch and cut the collectors off and then attempt to weld it back on lol. of possable a wrecking ball and drop it on your truck and then the socket should fall right out.

·
Large consumer of rice
137 Posts
I dropped a 3/8 open end wrench into my hedmans.. let it sit there for a month, and finally got it out when i went to replace the header gaskets. had a friend get it out for me. not sure how he did it, but he did. just kept playing with it and it finally gave way.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
merc43amg said:
Try a clothes hanger with the end bent!
Tried that before the magnet. Didn't work much.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
03ramit1 said:
i was going to say if it wont come out get out a blow torch and cut the collectors off and then attempt to weld it back on lol. of possable a wrecking ball and drop it on your truck and then the socket should fall right out.
LOL! Cut? I don't think so...... Wrecking ball? Now we are talking! Smash the hell out of that socket!!!!!

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Glad to see you got the Socket out ;)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
LOL Glad to see you got it out. When I had my headers installed I had some nasty ass rattle and finally tracked it down to a loose O2 sensor. I thought it was my Y pipe hitting a cross member!
And to think I was just going to suggest you talk sweet to it, that always loosen things up. LMFAO

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
happyhour how have you been? any GTG's planned soon? i need a reason to convinced to go back to az. would love to come and attend one again. (doubt it will happen soon though)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Been great man! I think we are all going to a hEMI shoot out at speed world the 17th. THen a bunch are going to vegas, for mopars at the strip. Def gotta get you back down here soon!! I wish I would have had a chance to hang out and check out your truck more, really wanted to hear that cam! But I could feel that retractable leash my girl has tighten from over 2 miles away! LMAO

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.