DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I put in some silver stars about 6 months ago. The driver side light went out so I put the stock ones back in. About 3 weeks the driver side light went out again, I went and baught some cheap lights from Canadian tire and today the driver side went out again. Theres obviously something wrong in the wiring being a short or something. Any Ideas? Gonna bring it to the dealership this week hopefully. Will it be covered under warranty. Its just over 1 year old. Thanks!

·
Banned
268 Posts
Yes, it wil be covered under warranty. I doubt you have 36,000 miles on it in over a year. The SilverStar's should not have burned out like cheap after-market "Xenon" clones can. It is a short for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Braught it in today. Yes there was a short a wire had come partially out of the head light harness and was shorting out. Also got the vibration issue fixed up too, there putting in a new rear axle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You got Silverstar headlight bulbs 6 months ago? Didn't they just get released, in the H13/9008 bulb, within the last month? Isn't that the bulb # these trucks use?

Not a big deal, and glad they got you sorted out, but are you sure they were really Silverstars you had?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they werent silverstars. They were a whiteish blue light can't remeber the name of them. ill try to find out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
im look ALL over for the h13 silverstar bulb! i had them in my last dak and LOVED them!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Can anyone confirm the part number for the Silverstars for the Dakota? I want to get these. I had them in two of my previous trucks and was very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
396 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Can anyone confirm the part number for the Silverstars for the Dakota? I want to get these. I had them in two of my previous trucks and was very pleased with the results.

I have serched all over for the H13 Silverstar. last i have heard there is no silverstar H13 bulb. I have seen the H13XV from selvenia. I think there is something going on with the NTSB cracking down on the bulb makers for making these bulbs.

But if someone knows were to get a silverstar H13 i would love a piar!

on a side note i was think why couldnt they just market them "For Off Road Use Only" and be able to sale them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
They released the Silverstars in H13 within the last month or two. I much prefer the Xtravisions myself. Just as bright, work MUCH better in the wet, last longer and are cheaper. They don't have the blue coating to filter out yellow light though, so they aren't as "pretty".

They also work better for deer spotting for IMO. Why would you want to filter out the yellow? It's closer to the color of animals you are on the lookout for! OK, maybe not if you live in Muppet country...

·
graythang
262 Posts
I'm hopping that someone will put out a complete HID kit that includes the total modular replacement, Lens/reflector/lamp/ballast. This would be the only way I would go for HID. I will buy the Silver Star in the meantime and that may be forever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
AdidasCJ said:
Do you know were to get them? Ive looked EVERWHERE!
Some Autozones had them for a couple days, when word got out everybody went and bought them up. Not sure when they will be replenished.

·
Registered
396 Posts
TDIster said:
Some Autozones had them for a couple days, when word got out everybody went and bought them up. Not sure when they will be replenished.

well hell word didnt get to me fast enough cause ive been looking EVERYWERE! and [email protected]

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Yeah if you get a set, let us know where you found 'em. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Yeah if you get a set, let us know where you found 'em. :)

According tot he fedex page my lights are on a truck "Out for shipment" I hope they get here before i have to leave for work! But im getting excited for them! I will post pictures as soon as i can! And tommarow i will be installing them so i will have thoses pictures as well..... I will keep everyone posted!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.