DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,327 Posts
I'm not gonna jump on your case about it.. You knew you'd get $hit kicked at you for posting that here. I just hope you're a little more careful with your daughter on board in the future. Call me lame but I'm into accelleration, NOT SPEED. I've been known to race to the speed limit and then shut down. Which is kinda funny when the speed limit is 35 or so. Barely get out of first gear! :D

In all my years of driving, if I'm with someone, especially my son, or alone, I have always strictly limited myself to 10% over the speed limit, and I could probably count the times I've broken that barrier on my right hand alone. So on a trip, you go 87mph and I'll set my cruise a smidge over 70, and you'll get there a couple minutes ahead of me. Not gonna bother me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
Still never happened. Can't cry rape if it never happened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
:D lame
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
let me make all of this clear. i really appreciate the words of ignorance towards me about having my wife and kid in the truck. GO AHEAD, I WANT EVERYONE TO BLAST ME FOR IT, I DESERVE IT!!! no, i didn't end up racing the d--k, but who knows what could have happened if i did? i almost made a dumb(and lifelong) mistake. but i need to admit it, it's hard to resist a race with the hemi especially after my superchips is in the truck. but most of all, thanks guys for caring(and girls if any).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
NYYankeeDodge said:
let me make all of this clear. i really appreciate the words of ignorance towards me about having my wife and kid in the truck. GO AHEAD, I WANT EVERYONE TO BLAST ME FOR IT, I DESERVE IT!!! no, i didn't end up racing the d--k, but who knows what could have happened if i did? i almost made a dumb(and lifelong) mistake. but i need to admit it, it's hard to resist a race with the hemi especially after my superchips is in the truck. but most of all, thanks guys for caring(and girls if any).

Nice first step in Racers anonymous is admitting you have a problem, now for punishment i command you to send me your Superchips tuner, thanks!!!!! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
tommyboy, where in ny? i moved to florida in feb/03. went to palm beach, now in palm coast. palm coast sucks a big one!!! we are letting our daughter finish school here, then in may of 06 we are movin back to the island. (man, i can taste the ny bagels already)!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
NYYankeeDodge said:
tommyboy, where in ny? i moved to florida in feb/03. went to palm beach, now in palm coast. palm coast sucks a big one!!! we are letting our daughter finish school here, then in may of 06 we are movin back to the island. (man, i can taste the ny bagels already)!!!

suffolk county , yes another NewYorker headed home, My father and brother live in Florida right outside Orlando, man that is just not for me. NewYork is great but very expensive and getting even worse, goodluck in home shopping cause the prices are thru the roof!!!!!!! oh and welcome back, i'll keep the bagels warm,...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
Hi my name is mitch and I'm a raceaholic. I'm here to share with you my adiction to street racing and learn how to overcome it. :D It all started on my way to Daytona Beach last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
mitchgmace said:
Hi my name is mitch and I'm a raceaholic. I'm here to share with you my adiction to street racing and learn how to overcome it. :D It all started on my way to Daytona Beach last night.
well what the hell happened at Daytona beach, i hope there is nice chic story and a Lightning kill to boot, otherwise this session has been completley worthless, hahahahahaha :D
 

·
Vertically-Challenged
Joined
·
12,020 Posts
mitchgmace said:
Hi my name is mitch and I'm a raceaholic. I'm here to share with you my adiction to street racing and learn how to overcome it. :D It all started on my way to Daytona Beach last night.

(all together) HI MITCH! :D
 

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Joined
·
25,280 Posts
Setherial said:
Seriously...

I'm glad you were the first one to say it....

Some of these guys man..... :eek:


--Setherial
WTF... I was the first one to say that. lol
 

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Joined
·
25,280 Posts
SamCarroll said:
BTW who goes the speed limit now a days anyway? Im always cruising at 75-80 and the limit is 65
But do you have a little one with you?
 

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Joined
·
25,280 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
So on a trip, you go 87mph and I'll set my cruise a smidge over 70, and you'll get there a couple minutes ahead of me. Not gonna bother me.
I recently did 5,000 mile trip... I had time to think about this. lol

Car A does 80 mph for 15 hours straight.

Car B does 70 mph for 17 hours straight.

Car B will have to drive for another 2 hours just to get to where car A is already sitting at the pool and relaxing or getting another 2 hours of needed rest over a long drive.

Now, on a short trip... no, the 5 minutes isn't worth it. But over a long one... I think it is.
 

·
BoJivin'
Joined
·
1,645 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
I recently did 5,000 mile trip... I had time to think about this. lol

Car A does 80 mph for 15 hours straight.

Car B does 70 mph for 17 hours straight.

Car B will have to drive for another 2 hours just to get to where car A is already sitting at the pool and relaxing or getting another 2 hours of needed rest over a long drive.

Now, on a short trip... no, the 5 minutes isn't worth it. But over a long one... I think it is.
Bubba you missed the most important part Car A has 2 more hours of drinking time, plus by the time Car B gets there Car A already took all the good chics home. hehe.

But he I did have a co-worker in my truck friday night/saturday morning, and was driving back from the track, could only do 78mph on the track, 1/4 mile track. So on the way back I had anohter co-worker behind who I had previously ran over, and had raced at the track. My passengar didn't believe my 7500+lb truck could break a 100mph, well I had to show him. ok Flame on :VHOT:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
mitchgmace said:
Hi my name is mitch and I'm a raceaholic. I'm here to share with you my adiction to street racing and learn how to overcome it. :D It all started on my way to Daytona Beach last night.
This looks like a job for Fraiser and Niles Crane. Ok mitchgmace, i'm listening...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
im addicted to racing too... i swear, at least once a day on my drive to work, i break 90 :VHOT: . my max was 108 :D ran outta rpms!
 
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top