DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hibernating
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I have to vent...and this is lengthy...

After emailing and getting quotes for over 20 similar trucks from different dealers, I finally ended up getting the best quote from Hazlewood in Kingwood, TX. I wanted to add some things and swap out the 20" polished for 20" chrome. Everything was agreed to and I received a fax with the mods and final sale price. We live 5 hours away, so my dad and I drove in Friday night (arrived a little past midnight) and so we checked the lot to see if the truck was ready...found the truck on the lot and everything was fine except for the wheels...they had not been switched to the 20" chrome yet.

I called the next morning asking how long it would take to switch out the wheels and then I hear this...."There has been a problem with the wheels...it turns out that to switch them out, it's going to be an additional 2400" I'm like WHAT??!! After getting to the dealership, he said, "Yeah, the chrome covers are 600 a piece, so it'll be 2400 more to switch them". (600 for the covers....MY @SS!) I asked why that after an entire week and a 5 hour drive later am I just finding this out??? I said forget that because we had agreed to a price with everything and I was about to walk. Well, what do you know, I get what I want and they swap the wheels "for free". Oh, thanks.

After 2 hours of going back and forth of negotiating on what was already agreed on the previous week, I have it to where the truck should of been in the first place. Next is the finance. It was agreed upon 5.9% for 72 months before I came in. Next thing you know APR is 7.2%! After 1.5 hours in finance we are at 6.12%. Deal was done and I drive it home.

Doesn't stop there...later that night I get a phone call from the dealer and he says, we finally got the APR to 5.9% through another place. Huh? Are you serious? After all the crap I went through, you're actually doing me a favor? Well, they are sending me a new contract to sign with the new APR. WEIRD.

Also, they didn't even take my down payment! I walked out the door without them even asking "How are you going to pay for your down payment....bla bla bla".

After all is said and done, I had the worst experience ever with them, but I came out with exactly what I wanted and I wouldn't trade my new Ram in for anything. Sorry this was so long, but come on, how unprofessional can you get? Do you think the really screwed up somewhere on the deal that they would call me back and tell me that the APR is finally what was agreed to a week before? Sounds suspicious to me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry to hear about the stress, but hey, IT'S GOT A HEMI! SWEEEEEEEEET! :rck:

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
ive bought three new vehicles from hazelwoods, i think they have been very good to me. sure they try to get what they can out of you, but you just have to be firm with them. who was your salesman? i got my 04 for $100 over invoice. i also think they will deal with you more if you are a repeat customer. sorry to hear about the problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.