DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Having some fun!

601 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  redramhawgfan 
#1 ·
Today, I finally decided to get behind my truck after shining it up, and listen to the exhaust sound. I have had it for 8 months and never had the opportunity to hear it from a stand point. My youngest happen to be playing in the driveway so I gave him the honour of getting behind the wheel and punching it a bit. Well, I couldn't believe the sound. I never realized it sounded so good, however, others would tell me when driving behind me that I should hear my truck. They were always complimenting me.
Well, never mind that. You should of seen the look on my 10 year olds face. He was having a riot behind the wheel making lots of noise. I told him to give'er more. His smile was priceless, of course, so was mine. I think I enjoyed watching his reaction more than listening to it myself. Talk about making his day.
As a father, what a difference you can make to your child when you share those little moments that he or she will remember for the rest of their lives.
Its something I wanted to share with some of you DADS out there. :cheers:

#2 ·
Way to go Dad!!!! ...saw your truck in the gallery too.... it's way too cool...

#3 ·
Thanks Chefred!
Same to you!
I am waiting on my new Hypertech III and an Airforce1 CAI.,,,Can't wait!

#4 ·
It'll amaze you just how long your kids will actually hold on to those memories. My 21 year-old still talks about some of the projects we worked on when he was nine to twelve-ish. Since his mother and I divorced around that time, our memories have made all the difference in the world.
You'd never think that the simple act of waxing and polishing some ol' car would be a galvanizing point in a child's life.

Keep building his memories, he'll have plenty to think back on and smile.

#5 ·
True DAT!!! My son is only 4 yrs old, but I have had him out with me at 6 months old, sitting in the truck seat, listening to the radio, while wrenching on something. I even get my twin 2 yr old girls out there with us. Your right, its the little things you do with your kids that makes the difference.

I still have good memories of things I did with my dad. I hope to pass on the memories to my kids.

#6 ·
Nice story! Also it's good to know your son is "growing up Mopar"... :D :D

#7 ·
I still remember all our waxing/detailing sessions I had wiht my Pops growing up. Although by the time I was a teenager I felt like Danielsona nd my Dad was Mr. Miyagi. I got to do all thse chores for him....for my benefit? LOL But I learned everything from him as are my kids today.

KB

#8 ·
Heck guys, I'm 35 and my Dad is 69 and we still spend time together working on each others trucks. Those are the best times in life! I just hope that someday I can have a kid to share those time with.
:gr_patrio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.