Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
84 Ram said:
650 HP 540 lbs torque
that's darn good for a small block.

according to Herb McCandless when he was in business and built the "X" block engine that i have, it should be good for 650+ HP.

but it was never ran on a dyno and there isn't one in my area so i guess i will never know.:(

· Registered
44 Posts
I ran mine at my school and i had to run it on the dyno my self. my teacher did the set up. hes a chevy guy. Loaded the dyno as my car weighed 4800lbs... a 73 challenger dose not weight 4800 lbs. said i pulled 230hp 340tq or so. with a 440 with KB pistons. and 440souce rods and crank 9.6:1 comp. i ended up taking the car to 120mph and the Trim rings shot off the back end and put streach marks in my tires. i was kinda pissed and no one will run there car on the dyno anymore haha. it was like the car was trying to rip a tree outa the ground. first time on the dyno for me so i was just listening to him. oh and i had tranny problems after that.

Good news. i now have a 500 from 440source. a tci super street fiighter. and all the correct info for his dyno and im going to take top HP trophey haha

· Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
Dynojet dynoes will automatically stop recording once the HP starts to decline. Any "smart" dyno operator will know to NOT continue pushing the engine once the power peaks.

I haven't dynoed mine yet, but it will probably happen in January. Desktop Dyno says it should be about 350hp, 380 ft/lbs from my little 360. I expect to see around 270-290 at the tires with around 300 ft/lbs.

It will do until I build my 500hp, 349 stroker.

· Registered
294 Posts
Mine only made 280 rwhp according to the guy who ran it i dont know the rpm range or anything as I could not be there while he ran it. But thats my 440 which is still imho running pig rich and keeps fouling the plugs. I have no idea what it would do if it was actually tuned right and running 100%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.