DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask if you guys could post some pics of your lifts. I know picture threads have been posted a lot but I'm interested in seeing several different heights and kinds, instead of just one type. Let me know what configuration you have if don't mind. Thanks guys.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I have around a 3" suspension lift, and we widened the front wheel wells to fit 35s.. i know its not a 2nd gen.. but wanted to post it.

Attachments

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good powerwagon. How are those tires doing for you? I've been looking into getting some 35" tires myself.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I havent put but a thousand miles max.. and they are fine.. just the rims arent wide enough so on very sharp turns they do rub right now.. its not that big of a deal though, because i dont ever need to turn that sharp.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
-2" Skyjacker Lift (D201k), consisting of 2" lifted coils for the front, and add-a-leaf for the rear.
-285/70/17 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO's

It's not a huge lift or anything, but I think it gives it a better stance without sacrificing much off the stock ride and handling. To help you with comparisons, I have parked next to all of the following trucks in the last 2 weeks, and I was taller then all of them (not by a lot or anything but definetly a little taller). Measured at the front bumper, mirrors, and top of the bed rails.

-Stock suspension '99 Sport model with 285/75/16's
-Stock suspension '01 Off-Road model with 275/70/17's
-Stock suspension '99 2500 with 265/75/16's
-Stock suspension '99 2500 with 285/75/16's
-Stock suspension '05 2500 with 265/75/16's

Attachments

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Pics 1 and 2 are 4.5" skyjacker and 37's
Pic 3 is 4.5" skyjacker/ 3" body lift and 37's
Pics 4 and 5 is 8" suspension/3" body 42's
In pic 5, you can see a stock 2500 behind it

Attachments

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Few more pics.
1. 37's on 8" susp 3" body
2. 4.5" lift 265's
3. 42's on 4.5" susp 3" body
4 and 5. More 42's on 8 susp, 3" body

Attachments

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Silver, I like the leveled look of your Ram. My front end appears to be getting lower and lower with the more mileage I put on it, plus I have a worn out coil spring on the right side of the truck. It's about time for the lift I guess, just wanted to get full use out of my tires before buying larger ones.

RAJ, awesome truck man. I need a truck like that to show up my neighbor who has an F-150 with a 9" lift. He's always running his mouth but that's ok...I've got more power than he does.

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks V10sport. I've read a lot of your posts and surely will refer to them again when I get ready to put a lift on. I like the 4.5" lift with 37's you have pictured.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My truck sits on a 5.5" Fabtech lift and 35's

Attachments

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone have a pic of a 4" lift on a 4X4 with larger tires. I'm trying to decide between 4" - 5.5" and needing a visual. Thanks guys.

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
V10sport, did you have to do any trimming to get those 37's to fit on a 4.5" inch lift? Just wondering because I'm wanting to put 35's on whatever lift I decide to get, and from what I've heard a 5+ inch lift is needed to fit those. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Must say RAJ you have a great looking truck there. But that lift sure adds a lot of extra links and brackets below the frame to get mashed, bent or hung up.

At 5'8", 42 yrs old and 250+ a 3" lift and 33" tires is tall enough.( my ego sure would like a rig like yours V10, but the knees and wife say NO! )
Like the song by Toby Keith... " I ain't as good as I once was but, I'm as good once as I ever was.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey v-10 to get the 8' suspension did you have the 4.5 skyjacker lift and you did the shackle flip in the rear? also what did you do fro the front for the 8?

·
D'OH!!
190 Posts
V-10 has a 2500, which sits about 2 inches higher than a 1500 to begin with, so a 4 1/2 inch lift on his truck is like a a 6 1/2 inch lift on a 1500. Go with the 5.5 inch, as there will always be the itch to go higher after it is done.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
For the 8" of lift in front, Im using 7" skyjacker coils. They lifted the truck a tad more than 8".
For the rear, I removed the factory block, did the shackle flip, and dropped the front spring hanger 6" inches.I was sitting high in the rear. I Just pulled the AAL out. Dropped the rear 2". Now it sits level

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
RoaringRam said:
V10sport, did you have to do any trimming to get those 37's to fit on a 4.5" inch lift? Just wondering because I'm wanting to put 35's on whatever lift I decide to get, and from what I've heard a 5+ inch lift is needed to fit those. Thanks for your help.
No trimming. The 3500's sit 2" taller than 1500. Thats why they fit. They didnt rub the fenders when I wheeled with the swaybar on, but would have once I took the bar off

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 7" suspension and 3" body, running 35's, but planning on some 39's in the near future. I have plenty of room for them, even when flexing.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I havent been able to take any resent pics I have been overseas, and the night I got back the tranny finished going out, so its been in my driveway ever since. I plan to get it in good shape again soon though. Oh, and try not to give me too hard of a time about the second picture, its not a dodge, but its the first car I ever really wanted, and it is almost finished.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.