Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:
I changed out both my front and back diff fluids yesterday on my '99, 1500 Sport 4x4.
As I wheeled into the local auto parts store yesterday to pick up the necessary supplies, I was informed by my wife that we were on a very tight schedule, and that I needed to hurry. So much for detailed consultation of the owner's manual. So I went in and relied upon the information provided to me by the polite young man behind the counter, after consulting his trusty computer. He informed me that Castrol Hypoy-C 80W-90W conventional, along w/ additive for both front and back was just what I needed, so I followed his advice. Last night I swapped both front and back differentials w/ the stuff.
I do very little towing or hauling, with the exception of the occasional rick of wood or trip to Home Depot for lumber.
Have I screwed the pooch on this one?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
Sounds fine to me.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
your good i put 75-90 in mine but you only needed addative in the rear

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
You'll be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for setting my mind at ease.
I started noticing that a lot of the guys said they were running 75W90 in theirs, and that got me concerened, with Dodge having notoriously weak rear-ends I didn't want to take any chances.
I'm not real mechanically inclined, but I try to do what I can.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats just a little tiny bit heavier weight oil i do believe.. not bad for it really.. i believe its better for towing and such but you said you don't do it so its a moot point.. but like everyone else said, you're okay.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Thank you guys for setting my mind at ease.
I started noticing that a lot of the guys said they were running 75W90 in theirs, and that got me concerened, with Dodge having notoriously weak rear-ends I didn't want to take any chances.
I'm not real mechanically inclined, but I try to do what I can.
thats how we all learn one step at a time

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
dodges dont have that weak of a rearend...i can vouch for that one with all the crap i have pulled out of mud or sand.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ya you will be fine, dont need the additive in the front but its not gonna hurt anything, I personally run 80w90 in the front and 75w140syn with additive, since i do tow every now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.