DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, About a year ago, I saw a neat trick done to a Dodge Ram. Some how under the hood emblem, and behind the grill. When it was sitting still the driver hit a switch or button and compressed air or something blew out threw the grill to make it look like the ram was snorting. Any ideas on how it was done?
Thanks, Az03Ram :dunno:

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
where are you from in az? i have seen that done on mustang cobras but they can buy a replacement badge. and it is a N2O purge kit. but i bet you could use some sort of compressed gas. oxygen would be really cool.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I've posted this before but I figure it applies to this thread. Its a neon but it does exactly what you're talking about. VERY cool!

purge

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
I would LOVE to do that to my N2O kit, That is when I get it...lol

·
Registered
985 Posts
that would be awesome, i've tried to think how to do it, but i think it'll be difficult since the emblem is on the hood (which has to move). anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
754 Posts
you would need to run your line around the edge of the hood from the firewall :rck: and have enough slack and flexability to open the hood

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is the first thing I do when I get N2O. Kick ass

·
Registered
764 Posts
Can we say fast and the furious???

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
2 fast....2 furious....oh so gay

·
Registered
764 Posts
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

2 RICE 2 Rediculos

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
bobem12 said:
I've posted this before but I figure it applies to this thread. Its a neon but it does exactly what you're talking about. VERY cool!

purge

now thats cool

·
Registered
181 Posts
I read the thread where the guy in the neon did that. I think he said he's gone through multiple emblems because of the cold. I wouldn't want to have to go through multiple grills, heh.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just going to put what clint did. The cold was cracking the emblems.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
03ramit1 said:
where are you from in az? i have seen that done on mustang cobras but they can buy a replacement badge. and it is a N2O purge kit. but i bet you could use some sort of compressed gas. oxygen would be really cool.
if you were to do this, I wouldnt recommend oxygen...should the unthinkable happen, the O2 bottle becomes a bomb...not to mention, that a small spark could set off the O2 comin out of the ram emblem

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
section8ff said:
if you were to do this, I wouldnt recommend oxygen...should the unthinkable happen, the O2 bottle becomes a bomb...not to mention, that a small spark could set off the O2 comin out of the ram emblem

I concur COMPLETELY!!!!

The reason people run N2O and NOT O2 is because N2O has enough "N" (Nitrogen i think?!?) to stabilize the Oxygen. N2O alone is not combustable, but enriches the oxygen content of the A/F mixture which generates massive power..

You COULD (in theory) use straight O2, but as Section8ff mentioned above... Thats a bomb waiting to happen because straight O2 is HIGHLY volatile... One simple spark and BAM.... Game over....

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Also, oxygen near oil or grease is an explosion/fire just waiting to happen.
Oil and grease are contraindicated in the presence of liquid oxygen.
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS AS AN INSTALLATION !!!!!!
Sorry to get a little heavy, but that is one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen listed on a forum. On a par with the "redneck ride" I posted on here a while back.
Al.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.