DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 95 Grand Caravan LE that is driving me crazy. The door light keeps coming on for the side sliding door. When it comes on, the door locks continually clicks up and down, a bell dings on and off and the interior lights flash on and off. I've cleaned the contacts, but that hasn't been much help. Re-shutting the door sometimes works, but if you stop hard or take off quickly, it will come on again, and the van goes crazy. It has nearly distracted me enough that I've had several near accidents, especially at night. Is there anyway to fix or disconnect the sensor on the sliding door?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would consider the possibility that your battery may be near-dead, or has loose or corroded connections or faulty cables. It's common on the minivans for an old battery or bad connection to cause such "haunting" conditions.

Pull the battery, get it fully charged, and find an auto parts store that load-tests batteries for free (Auto Zone, Advance, and I think, O"reilly do it around here. Murray's in Michigan/Ohio also do it).

Rick

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
...and welcome to DodgeTalk.com!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.