Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mopar ipod adapter?

it is supposed to plug into the back of the radio and charge and give you the sound. It is supposed to work on the canbus radios.

82210181 Audio, iPod Interface iPod Integration Kit - Fully integrated adapter provides FM bounded transmission of music files through the vehicle's audio system. Ipod music file navigation is maintained by the iPod click wheel control pad.

its ashame that they couldn't make one that controls the the ipod with the radio like they did on previous mopar radios.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Don't you get too much sound degradation when you use the radio to control it? That was my understanding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Found this on makieitmopar.com

82209616 Each $140.00
iPod Integration Kit * New* 2005-2006 Vehicles
Vendor Ship Direct Part Item requires 5 working days to reach our warehouse. Chrysler has sent information that they are offering iPod Connection Kits. Please read the information below. Introducing Mopar iPod™ Integration Kit for J-1850 Vehicles! Now your customers can enjoy their iPods even more . . . with more freedom, more control and with more ease than ever! FEATURES/BENEFITS Fully integrates with RAZ, RBP, RBQ, RAH and RBK radios Fully compatible with 3G, 4G Mini, Photo, 40G Nano and Ipod Video models. iPod Shuffle will require use if the auxiliary input connector Audio voice prompts guide you through menu selections on RBK radio Mopar’s iPod integration kit provides a physical connection between the iPod and the vehicle’s audio system, resulting in optimal digital audio quality Customer’s iPod and Mopar’s iPod interface cable is safely stored in the vehicle’s glove box The interface cable allows the customer’s iPod to charge when the vehicle ignition is “On” Easily control your iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls Features Previous Track, Next Track, Browse Play list/Artist/Albums/Genres, Shuffle and more! Audio voice prompts guide you through menu selections on RBK radio PRICING/ORDERING INFORMATION Part Number 82209616, released for use on: 2006 Dodge Minivans, Stratus Sedan, Chrysler Town & Country, Sebring Sedan/Conv., Pacifica, Jeep Liberty, Wrangler 2005 Dodge Ram, Minivan, Stratus Sedan, Neon, Chrysler Town & Country, Sebring Sedan/Conv., Pacifica, Jeep Liberty, Wrangler MSRP: $175.00 Order via DealerCONNECT; installation time is estimated at 1 hour

OR

82210181 Each $108.00
ALLOWS CONTROL THROUGH IPOD 2006-2007 VEHICLES
Mopars iPod Integration Kit - Fully integrated adapter provides FM bounded transmission of music files through the vehicles audio system. Ipod music life navigation is maintained by the iPod click wheel control pad. ***NEW****

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your sound loss comes from using fm modulation (wired or wireless, and varies with auto manufacturer and fm mod manufacturer). not a direct audio input. I don't know what dodge means when they say "fm bounded transmission".

if it ties into the can bus it should be a direct input. If it uses fm modulation i can get an fm modulator that would work for less money.

I was trying to see if anyone has used this before i go buy one.

the makeitmopar prices are good. I will be getting it from them i guess depending on shipping...

·
Registered
204 Posts
The ipod has sound degradation anyway depending on how much you compress the files. That combined with an FM receiver/transmitter like itrips can make the sound very poor. I encode at at least 228kbs. This isn't far from CD quality and prevents any audible differences to most human ears. I refuse to go back in quality even though the ipod is so convenient. The Mopar ipod system looks pretty interesting and an improvement over itrips.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
itrips is a wireless fm modulator, is it not?

how you encode in a higher quality? i am new to this ipod thing. Is there settings you can change in itunes?

I ripped 200 cd's into my itunes library and have only bought 1 song from them.

i just know from working in car audio for 12 years that fm modulators, for the most part suck. if the mopar adapter doesnt work well, i will just switch out the radio to an eclipse double din with nav, or an alpine piece.

very strange that alpine makes dodges radios now, but they dont have an ipod adapter that kicks ass, while their own "alpine" badged one works really well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
prm99v6 said:
itrips is a wireless fm modulator, is it not?

how you encode in a higher quality? i am new to this ipod thing. Is there settings you can change in itunes?

I ripped 200 cd's into my itunes library and have only bought 1 song from them.

i just know from working in car audio for 12 years that fm modulators, for the most part suck. if the mopar adapter doesnt work well, i will just switch out the radio to an eclipse double din with nav, or an alpine piece.

very strange that alpine makes dodges radios now, but they dont have an ipod adapter that kicks ass, while their own "alpine" badged one works really well.
Yes, Itrip is an FM modulator. It's very handy. Quality sucks.

Go into Itunes and click Edit>Prefrences>Advanced>Importing
You then a pull down menu IMPORT USING: ACC. It's a Mac compression software and works very well. But use what you like.

I then use Custom on the next pull down which allows you to pic the quality. You can go higher than 224kbs

Remember the higher the quality the more space it will take up on your IPOD and Hard drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've converted most my music library to my ipod. Most is at 192kb or higher. I have the Eclipse DVD Nav with the ipod direct input on a fairly high end system, sounds great with very little distortion (degradation).
I like your idea about altering the itunes preferences... gonna make that change now...

DJ

·
Registered
228 Posts
For the amount of money you pay for the MOPAR unit - you could get something else and hook it up directly to your radio.

I just bought a ipod2car unit for my RAZ radio - $119 on ebay.

I hope to take picts and a write up of the install.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yes, please do. I just bought an ipod and am wondering the best way to listen to it in the D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but everyting I have seen points to the Mopar CanB system as the best. Part #82209617

Give you steering controls and radio controls over the iPod stashed away in a glove box, on screen display of the information..all you lose are satellite presets since it hijacks that connection and spoofs the presets to send the information. But I can live with spending 3 seconds to dial to channell 28 to get 80GB of iPod hidden in the glove box.

http://wyckoffchryslerparts.com/moipadforcac.html

Read a bunch about it here installed on a Charger but its the same radio so should work: My dealer says that part number is only for a Commander but he said their info is typically woefully out of date.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30079

Actually if you look at this pic, youll see the manual covered up but Durango listed.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=51413

So I'm ordering one of these today, $215 and will slap it in myself.

All signs point to this being the best solution...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That looks perfect!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Janster said:
For the amount of money you pay for the MOPAR unit - you could get something else and hook it up directly to your radio.

I just bought a ipod2car unit for my RAZ radio - $119 on ebay.

I hope to take picts and a write up of the install.
Pardon - just quoting myself. How cheesy it that?

Just installed it today! Nice unit and works great. Still playing around with it - using steering wheel controls & all and finding out what they'll do. I will have a bunch of picts. Easy install.....Thanks to everyone who helped with the purchase and information!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
New chrysler CAN Buss ipod kit

Just installed mine yesterday. 2004 Durango with the REC Navigation radio. Really nice. Steering wheel controls, great audio, lots of info on the Nav radio screen.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I installed it last week. Easy to put in and it works really well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will this iPod integration kit work if you already have the VES DVD and sirius SAT? From what I understand the answer is no because connections are limited on the 10-pin connector in the back of the REC (Navigation) radio. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's been a while since I posted in here...and surprisingly enough... I sold my truck.

Here's a write-up to the install:
http://www.lieblweb.com/TechLinks/ipod2car/ipod2car.htm

I bought another truck and am using the ipod2car in that truck now.

I have a wiring harnass for sale if anyone is interested... It's the ABCHR10 harnass that'll work with the PXDP unit. $5 plus shipping if anyone wants it. I don't visit these forums much anymore - so please shoot me an e-mail instead. [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Intelianalyst you can use the VES and your sirius but you lose your saved channels for your satellite radio. The iPod adapter does connect through the satellite connector. I don't have satellite radio and when I use the iPod it my REC says it's using SAT. Like I said you can use your sirius but you'll have to search for your favorite stations each time because they won't be saved.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Oh and get the Mopar iPod adapter not that aftermarket one. It comes with instructions on how to specifically install it in a Durango. The part number is 82209616AC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.