DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend I work with saw what he belives is a 300 Convertible here in Southern California. :huh:

Has anyone else had such a sighting?

Have there been any rumors or spyshots?

:help:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I have used this as my wallpaper for a couple months now

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
yep the good ol West Coast Customs convertable. But I also read somewhere the Chrysler is trying to figure someway to make it a production model. Maybe a late 2006 model or 2007?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Actually Chrysler IS producing the convertible 300C they had one at the LA auto show and said it should be in production in 2006 as a 2007 model.

There a are a lot of chop shops that will cut the top off of anything if you pay them. The pic on Ram3500dualley's response in an aftermarket job. The production 300C convertible will have a hard tonneau cover instead of the soft cover in the pic.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
DCX's "production" convertible will actually be done at American Sunroof if and when it is ever built.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
diamondrmp said:
Actually Chrysler IS producing the convertible 300C they had one at the LA auto show and said it should be in production in 2006 as a 2007 model.
Still not confirmed exactly, but it was reported recently that they are working on it, and provided they don't run into any major issues with the design that keep it from being built, it should happen. I think it would be the first US-made four-door convertible to go into production since the late 1960's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats interesting David. WHen I spoke to one of the DCX people at the show they said the vert was a go as a 2007 model.

But then again there are many times you here yes and it never happens.

One thing is for sure if ANY car company is going to produce its show cars and one offs it DCX!!

My question is can they do that to a Magnum? LMAO!!! Its just a joke for those serious minded people out there!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wouldn't bet on it. Some way to peel the top back over the tailgate top section would be sweet. Sort of like the old VW Buses with the safari top (what we called 'em anyway)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dantodd

There is a company that can install those ragtops you are talking about. I can't find the URL but I found it on a Scion web site. If you are interested in one of those I'll see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The last thing I saw in Autoweek was that ACS made the converible at the show, but DC brass said it is very doubtful because the wheelbase and size of the car make it almost impossible to make it stiff enough for production.

·
Registered
205 Posts
nah. I like the quiet ride of an actual closed ride. I only mentioned them to point out that a wagon-type convertible is not impossible. If you do find the URL pass it on though I'd like to see what one looks like.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
desquirrel said:
The last thing I saw in Autoweek was that ACS made the converible at the show, but DC brass said it is very doubtful because the wheelbase and size of the car make it almost impossible to make it stiff enough for production.
Are you sure it wasn't ASC? American Sunroof Corp. They have done converts for DCX since they revived the Lebaron in 84. All Lebarons, Shadows and the likes were originally hardtops built at the factory with no headliners or back seats and stuff and shipped over to ASC to have the top cut off, the bars welded into the floor pan and special interiors put in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, I mistyped.

The car was a design study, but couldn't pass the stiffness requirements. The Chrysler people said they thought it would be an unsurmountable problem.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Now that Chrysler's profits are stabilizing, they must realize the golden opportunity they have to build more niche cars like a 300 convertible. I just wonder if a business case is being made for a two-door coupe and two-door convertible as well. Because at this point, just about anything with the 300 bodystyle would sell!

·
Registered
205 Posts
tnx Diamond.

Time for a NoCal Get together?

Maybe Get Together/wine tasting trip combined?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Because at this point, just about anything with the 300 bodystyle would sell!
They have 86 days of orders as of right now. I just got back from Brampton and asked the linker when I was there. That means if they don't get another order they have enough orders to work the next 3 months 3 shifts a day 6 days a week. I don't think they are even looking at a 2 door right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.