DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel pump level arm has always been givin me problems with not reading whats in the tank etc, well for people that have had problems with their fuel pumps have you noticed a performance increase after changing it out with a new one? Didnt know if over time these pumps loose the ability to supply fuel to the engine at the max capacity.

·
Red Trucker
2,583 Posts
You might if you upgrade to an 04-05 pump (higher fuel pressure). Every pump loses efficiency over time as parts wear out. Putting a new one gets you a new filter and a fresh pump.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea thats what i was thiniking. So i can use an 04-05 pump?

hey also, i noticed that fuel pumps have different 'litres per hour' numbers, with my mods and aftermarket cam should i get one with higher LPH numbers?

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
I love mine, upgraded from 50 to 60 psi. I aslo run the ground wire by its self. Dodge had a tiny ground for the fule pump tied into the tail light and towing harness, license plate lamps, and for the length of the truck the ground wire was way under sized. Then the time itgot to the ground stud under the hood it blended in with the brake controller, wiper motor, and a shit load of other goodies, which made it corrode fast. Fcuk dat siht!!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
never noticed with my 93 dak as I went thru a few trying to figure out the bad sending unit.
As for the comment on the undersized wire, that'll want to make me update mine, ASAP

The original FP could be overheated or gummed up causing a flow issue which can affect performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.