DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully fixed the Code P0038?

I had the Dynatech Supermaxx Longtube Headers installed yesterday and this code popped up immediately.

From what I have read on here it is the O2 sensor on the drivers side downstream of the catalytic converter.

I know I can drive it with the code without any problems but I would prefer to fix it if possible.

Do I just have to replace the O2 sensor completely? If so where is the best place to pick one of these up? Will AutoZone have some or do I need to get them at the stealership?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the o2 rear spacers from Moes but I cannot get that one connected because it is too close to the frame.

I will be taking it back in on Thursday and they are going to check the O2 extension and the connection at the drivers side o2 downstream of the catalytic converter.

Hopefully they can fix it, but if not I still will be very happy with the results.

The sound of the exhaust alone is worth every penny.:D:D:D

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
The wiring should be good. The Dynatechs are notorious for throwing this code. How tight is the sensor against the frame with the non-foulers installed? Any chance you could install just 1 of the non-foulers on the side that is a tight fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.