DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 ram1500 quad without the tow package. I need to put a brake controller on it and it has no pre wired harness. I have the ground, hot and (blue) brake line in figured out, I just need to know which wire in the brake pedel plunger is the brake light. I think it's the white wire with the brown stripe ? Can anyone confirm or shed some light on the subject ?

·
They call me Radio
4,807 Posts

·
nick
390 Posts
you are correct it is the white with tan stripe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
h2omelon said:
you are correct it is the white with tan stripe.
Thanks for info, Let's go two for two now.

I'm also doing the 7 pin wiring, I only have the four pin back there from factory, No other connectors except......I have a white wire with brown stripe
on it tucked in the harness with black tape on it could this be the brake light wire ? I bought the wiring harness from the dealer and it has a wire that I'm supposed to connect for the brake lights, they actually want me to tap into the white/Lt green strip going into the taillight assembly. Any opinions ??

·
nick
390 Posts
i dont know the answer to that one. on my truck i ran an 8 awg power wire from the battery and the brake control wire to the back and hooked into the wiring on the back of my 7 pin connector. i grounded the ground off of the 7 pin to the frame. my 7 pin had a plug on it that hooked up to the 4 pin for the rest of the wiring. hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.