DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
05 Durango SLT 4.7L 4x4
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time my shifter won't go all the way into park and the backup lights will stay on but the truck won't move. I actually have to go to reverse and let it roll slightly then back to park to get it in. What would that be? Also it can be shifted into gear without touching the brake, do all Dakotas do that?
thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I drive a standard so don't know about the brake safety deal, but my first thought was shift linkage needed adjusted. Then you said if it rolls it's good, so I have to think it's something internal, like the meshing in the tranny. Kyle

·
05 Durango SLT 4.7L 4x4
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KJeezy said:
I drive a standard so don't know about the brake safety deal, but my first thought was shift linkage needed adjusted. Then you said if it rolls it's good, so I have to think it's something internal, like the meshing in the tranny. Kyle
That's kinda what i'm afraid of. I found an adjustment procedure for the shift linkage in my Haynes manual so i'll give that a try first.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Let's hope that's it, although I really have to doubt it will be. I'm not too aware of the innerworkings of an auto (haven't rebuilt one-yet). Kyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.