DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i felt like shit today after a situation that made me the center of attention the bad way.

I was out of town in edmonton today for a business get together, my company had a fancy smancy BBQ at a bar with all its edmonton and calgary offices there

So on my way back i pull up to a red light and on my right a police cruiser with two officers in it pulled up beside me. I looked over and made eye contact then looked forward. Light goes green and they don't move(i knew they were getting my plates) so i look in my rear view and they are running the plates on their computer. i made a few turns and they then put on their lights and sirens, I wasn't speeding, didn't change lanes without signalling, didn't run a stopsign, NOTHING. So automatically i thought "great, young guy driving a new truck, I must of stole it right". So i pull over and without a word my door opens and i'm pulled out and handled very roughly. Everyone is watching this happen, Its downtown for crying out loud and it's 4:30 alot of people are getting off work! I'm searched and without a word i'm put in the back of a cruiser. they THEN get the bright Idea to check my ID and open the door and i say "don't you feel stupid, you'll be hearing from my lawyer" they looked like ghosts and did everything to find something on me, unpaid tickets.... negative , Drugs in vehicle or in my posession ..... Negative. They ask me why am i in edmonton, i say i was at a bar with some coworkers for a company party, they then whip out the breathalyzer and passed.. I got some witnesses phone numbers and planning to take legal action.

My dad is a police officer in calgary and he says what they did was wrong and against protocol. My neck is all sore and red from where they grabbed me and pulled me out of the car and my truck has a tiny scratch on the driver side passenger door from my zipper on my jacket when they threw me into my truck.

All they had to do was approach my window and ask for my license and registration. but instead they chose to physically remove me from my vehicle and rough me up.

All i want is my truck fixed and a simple "sorry"!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Damn, so what did they stop you for? Did they ever tell you? I would definatly take that to the head man or like you said get a lawyer for that crap.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Wow man that sucks. I hate when police officers do that. We have a few of those cops in my area. The pull me over because the nice cars i drive..like you said "must be stolen". My co-worker was beaten by police because he passed the breathalizer and wouldnt take a blood test on the spot. So they beat him with thier clubs and then tazered him. He was put in jail for 3 weeks. Hes still fighting with the police now. But hey i hope things get right between you and the police. Make sure they dont get away with this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
WTF!!! Did they give you any sort of explanation?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got pulled over for illegal exhaust leaving dinner one night with a bunch of friends.. My brother and I were in the car and the cops made us get out and handcuffed us while they searched the car and searched us (illegally I might add) and then let me off with a warning.

I think thats a little much for an illegal exhaust infraction...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That is total B.S. Start with calling their commander.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah i'd call a lawyer. That's just ... well ... illegal for lack of a better word. I'd have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ... I know quite a few cops and know they have a difficult job to do. But that's just not called for. I would say to call the chief of police directly but better to get a lawyer to handle it. Make them give you a public apology for the way you were treated.

My favorite is when they pull me over .... they ask for my license and proof of insurance and i hand them my concealed carry card and then when I tell them that I have my weapon on me they call in like 2-3 backup cars and dont do anything until the backup cars show up.

They get edgy when they find out someone has a concealed weapon on them. They shouldn't though because as a Texas CHL license holder a person must:

-have no felony convictions for their entire lifetime
-have no class a or b misdemeanors within the last 5 years
-passwd both state and federal fingerprint and background checks
-no delinquent conduct with in the past 10 years
-no delenquent child support, student loans, or state/local taxes

Pretty much an upstanding citizen.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Wow. That is insane. Good thing they were stupid enough to do it in broad daylight with witnesses though. Grab 'em byt the balls, get a pitbull lawyer, and start planning your new mods!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted my lawyer (my friends dad) and he said i can go at it two ways and i need to choose. I said at first "I would like my truck Fixed and back in its condition prior to the mandhandling and for the officers to say a simple "sorry"". He said I could For sure get my truck fixed probably out of court but the sorry would be up to the officers.he then said i could go after them for alot of money, my rights as a citizen were breached and laws were broken.

I'm really mad right now because the more i think about the situation the more i realize i was treated like a no good scumbag for no good reason.My dad toldme that alot of cops are edgey and don't like being looked at wrong.

My Lawyer contacted the Police office this morning and talked to a few people they are aware of the situation and would like to meet in person with the officers and the stations attorneys to "work a deal out". now I'm pretty sure they will offer me some money but now i don't know if i'll take it or go to court and get more money. I was advised that excessive force cases usually get 100,000 Canadian in court. my lawyer said he wants to talk more about the issue and know exactly what went wrong and what other rights and procedures were broken. He is basically telling me to go to court and sue the pants off them and he thinks i can get alot more money, using my reputation to create me as a hard working young man with Strong moral ethics that worked very hard for his money to get ahead.

Sure im 20, Sure i make more than alot of adults. Last year i made 145k canadian after taxes and i didn't work alot of the year. I sacrificed alot for my job and i'm described as a workaholic. I feel violated to say the least!I got a nice new house in the suburbs of calgary , new truck and a new car on the way but i worked my butt off for those things.

I wanted to be dealt with like a human being, That's it, I'm so hot right now i'm gonna blow! just thinking about all the things i sacrificed and then still being treated like a criminal, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

anyways, Thanks for the posts guys! looks like i'll be getting all my mods done to my truck in one shot.Maybe buy some new rims and goodies for my new car.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I work for an attorney, and I don't know about up in Canada, but down here the states, your more than likely not going to get that much $$ for excessive force unless they beat the living crap out of you. Yeah, I'd be pissed if that happened to me, and would want some justification, but I just don't see you getting that much money for this. I mean, I'm totally on your side, don't think I'm not, because this is some BS that they did to you, I just don't want you to get your hopes up, waste all this time in court and then get jacked, ya know what I mean bro? But good luck with it, and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
BTW, WTH do you do for a living? :D

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
LiZrD said:
My favorite is when they pull me over .... they ask for my license and proof of insurance and i hand them my concealed carry card and then when I tell them that I have my weapon on me they call in like 2-3 backup cars and dont do anything until the backup cars show up.

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

Yea, I have my Carry permit as well and not long ago I did something similar. I was stopped, and as they run my luds, I got the standard "Sir are there any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?" (this is before I told them I had a carry permit)... Well.. seeing how I was on my way home from a HUGE day at the firing range, I had EVERYTHYING I owned in the vehicle and I just couldtn resist.

My reply, "Well Sir... (insert me taking a big deep breathe here)... In the Center consile I have a Colt 1911 Officer .45, Glock 9mm, Beretta 40 cal, and a Taurus 44 snug nose, Under the passenger seat I have a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag with 9 inch barrel, In the glove box I have a Smith and Wesson 9mm, Sig 40 cal, ruger Mark II, Airweight 38, and behind the seat I have a Binelli Super Black eagle, Mossberg Accumag, Ruger 7mm Ultramag, Winchester 30-06, Ruger 10-22 (stainless), SKS, AK-47, and my BowTec Compund bow........."

Now... As Im trying my ass off not to laugh while Im rattling ooff my collection... With each item mentioned his grip on his side arm gets firmer and he steps back another step... Completely shocked and at a loss for words, he immediately radios an entire county worth of backup and Im just sitting there laughing my ass off. FInally one of the officers approaches and asks....

"...... Now where did you say the SuperRedhawk 44 mag was again?..."

After a very short and brief "Have a nice day sir"... he walks backward to his car and lets me go..

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
dskirtech said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

Yea, I have my Carry permit as well and not long ago I did something similar. I was stopped, and as they run my luds, I got the standard "Sir are there any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?" (this is before I told them I had a carry permit)... Well.. seeing how I was on my way home from a HUGE day at the firing range, I had EVERYTHYING I owned in the vehicle and I just couldtn resist.

My reply, "Well Sir... (insert me taking a big deep breathe here)... In the Center consile I have a Colt 1911 Officer .45, Glock 9mm, Beretta 40 cal, and a Taurus 44 snug nose, Under the passenger seat I have a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag with 9 inch barrel, In the glove box I have a Smith and Wesson 9mm, Sig 40 cal, ruger Mark II, Airweight 38, and behind the seat I have a Binelli Super Black eagle, Mossberg Accumag, Ruger 7mm Ultramag, Winchester 30-06, Ruger 10-22 (stainless), SKS, AK-47, and my BowTec Compund bow........."

Now... As Im trying my ass off not to laugh while Im rattling ooff my collection... With each item mentioned his grip on his side arm gets firmer and he steps back another step... Completely shocked and at a loss for words, he immediately radios an entire county worth of backup and Im just sitting there laughing my ass off. FInally one of the officers approaches and asks....

"...... Now where did you say the SuperRedhawk 44 mag was again?..."

After a very short and brief "Have a nice day sir"... he walks backward to his car and lets me go..

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
that's funny Dane. Sounds like you have nice collection there. I'm working on getting mine up. I've an old .25 my dad gave me, a Walther .22, an old Stevens .410 my grandfather gave me, a Browning 30.06 and some kind of 20 ga. single shot. and my dad has a few more.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
RammingDodge said:
I work for an attorney, and I don't know about up in Canada, but down here the states, your more than likely not going to get that much $$ for excessive force unless they beat the living crap out of you. Yeah, I'd be pissed if that happened to me, and would want some justification, but I just don't see you getting that much money for this. I mean, I'm totally on your side, don't think I'm not, because this is some BS that they did to you, I just don't want you to get your hopes up, waste all this time in court and then get jacked, ya know what I mean bro? But good luck with it, and let us know what happens.

Exaclty, my friend got his tooth knocked out by a cop when he was wrongly accused for speeding on his motorcycle, they had the wrong guy and they surrounded him and one cop hit him in the mouth with his helmut knocking out a tooth and leaving obviously damage to his face, after spending the night in jail they released him with an apology and he made out with about $10 thousand bucks after paying his medical bills..

keep us posted as to what happens, damn im moving to Canada and gonna wise off to the cops, hahahahaha

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
RammingDodge said:
that's funny Dane. Sounds like you have nice collection there. I'm working on getting mine up. I've an old .25 my dad gave me, a Walther .22, an old Stevens .410 my grandfather gave me, a Browning 30.06 and some kind of 20 ga. single shot. and my dad has a few more.

I started 11 years ago and have made myself a promise to NEVER sell any of them no matter what.. I have stuck to it and now I have a good collection. That isnt all by a long shot, but enough to give him a once in a lifetime scare!

Here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
WTF Dane, i never want to be enemies with you, did i mention that your truck is the best ive seen, (brown nosing) hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
planning battle? Good Lord. lol. That's awesome. You gotta love that SKS, my dad has one exactly like it. Actually, is that 2 SKS'? third from bottom on left, and bottom on right? I'm trying to decide on my next gun, either a Walther P99 (9mm) or the P990 (.40), and then I'm trying to find a Berreta .32

Tommyboy, man I'd be PISSED. $10K not a bad deal, I wish my tooth fairy was more like that when I was a kid, lol.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
HAHAA...Nah guys, Some people invest in CDs, Stocks, Money Market, etc... I find good deals on firearms... Its like property... It only goes up in value.

Yes. That is 2 Sks. After this picture I have switched the stock to a draganov on one of them and have added a few more pistols and rifles.

The Walther line is some sweet sidearms bro! Also, when looking into the beretta, Look at the Brigadere Inox 40 Cal SWAT model. I JUST ordered one last week. SWEEEET shooting

Attachments

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
I honor police officers, and I can understand them being edgy...however they have been taught the way to handle different people in different occasions. :)

Simply being edgy is not an excuse to handle any kind of person in that predicament. ;)

I would file a lawsuit for the most money I could get and at the same time have the lawsuit force the department to repair your truck's finish. :cool:

Remember: leaving any Government institution alone to do as they please is not the ideal way to keep a citizen's rights and gifts safe. :gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.