DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what is the lenght of the half shaft on a srt4? I looked on the service manual and i couldnt find it. I tried the search as well and still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.

· Registered
136 Posts
WannaBeFast said:
Anybody know what is the lenght of the half shaft on a srt4? I looked on the service manual and i couldnt find it. I tried the search as well and still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Wannabefast Here is what you want to know

Passenger axel is 22 inches end to end in the relaxed or natural state
Drivers Axel is 25 inches end to end in the relaxed or natural state.
Both can expand or contract a bit from that length
Hey Im a big fan of dare to be different hot rods PM me and let me know what you are planning to build. Who knows maybe I could be of more help.
Ray
Half Fast Racing

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks a lot for that. I'm glad to hear that the srt4 forum is open minded like that. Also, it's definitely not a Honda. I used to own an Eclipse and I became a little bit of a Honda hater ever since. Anyways I have a 05' motor tranny computer, basically the whole thing and also I have this 88' Toyota Camry wagon in perfect condition. Its pretty light and fast as it is even with 194000 miles. It looks big, it looks slow and i thought it would be the perfect candidate for a mean sleeper. If everything goes as planed I should start the swap right after new years. Everything should be pretty easy except the half shafts. Still don't know if I have to get custom HS or try to install srt4 hubs and even then the HS might not be the right length. So i will see what is my best option going to be. I wonder how the people with neons have solved this! Thats basically it. I'll post some pics once the swap starts. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
136 Posts
Awesome !!!

That should be one hell of a sleeper Keep me posted on your progress and if I can be of any more help just PM me
Ray

· Registered
136 Posts
CHArlotte area. But we will be racing at Rockingham tommorow (Sunday the 11th.) look for the truck and trailer in the avitar.
Ray
Half Fast Racing

· Registered
196 Posts
CHArlotte area. But we will be racing at Rockingham tommorow (Sunday the 11th.) look for the truck and trailer in the avitar.
if you can you should make some videos and post them. i'd love to see your car in action. :p

and random i have relatives that live just south of charlotte. when i come to visit them again i would love to meet up and take a look at that beast :)

· Registered
136 Posts
Sounds good
I will try to get some good vids. We always bring a cam corder but with staging and all I usually dont get much chance to take any and Im kinda bad at using the new camcordec anyway
We are in Mint Hill just Soith East of Charlotte Let me know by pm or e-mail when you will be in town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.