DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was bored and went out with my bro and a buddy to the local track. Got rid of some good stress. Got some decent numbers but i realized that my intake tube was getting to hot. So today another buddy of mine helped me heat wrap it. Now i just need to go to track again to see if it makes a difference. And I realized I need to change my plugs, they got about 30k miles on them.

Well here are a few pics:

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Sweet! Looks like fun :D I want videos now though too... :D

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we can run with windows down, but i think i am in the process of rolling them up to just cracked open. And I am not sure of the heat wrap will work, but it looks way better this way, then with all the chrome.

And I would upload videos but it takes for ever to load them. I need some sort of video editing software that I can use to be able to upload them. Photobucket and Youtube take way tooooo long to upload them. But I will try to get some vids on here.

I raced that chevy inthe pic, my bros colorado, a charger r/t and an srt8 charger. The chevy, colorado, and r/t were stock. The srt8 had an intake, no tune. I was ahead of him for most of the track, BUT he left the line spinning tires. So he caught me and passed me before the 1/4 mile.

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note, if I can sell the my Jetta, I am going to re-do the exhaust/put headers and try to get up to Houston to go to HRP, and get some runs over there. I had the chance to run my Jetta up there, but I chickened out.

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
what were your times?

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
looks like you had fun

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started at a 14.8x and got it down to a 14.5x. The fastest I have gotten my truck to is 14.40, but it was alot cooler and very little humidity. I want to put headers and re-do the true dual exhaust I have, and see if that helps me out. MY wish list also includes a cam and some trans work, but i am saving up for all of that.

Most of the other Rams around here are running pretty much the same, mid to low 14s, when tuned and mid to low 15s when stock.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I went out to my local track last night and did some bracket racing...i had a blast! It was so much fun! It was my very first time even going to a track much less racing at one. It was funny seeing my truck sitting in the lanes waiting to go. I was just about the only one that actually drove their vehicle home. Everything else was purpose built drag racers.

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the track here, they have Friday nite racing, they usually have different events going on, but there are alot of street cars racing. But on Wednesday Nites is when they allow only "Street Legal" cars to race, thats when it gets good.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
lol.....last night for me there was only two classes pro and super pro....and it was my first time out.

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On Saturdays, is when they have big events, but they have the events for dragsters on Friday Nites every now and then, but they have street cars racing in between rounds. Fridays are usually test and tune for Saturday events. But they have best reaction time, 100 mph club on Wednesday Nites. On Fridays they sometimes have bike nite, truck nite, import nite, and chevy vs ford nite, and events like that for street cars. It gets pretty good out there.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The track i went to was a pretty small track in the middle of nowhere! The way they did it was for the first hour it was freebies you could run as much as you want. Then they did one time trial and then you declared your time and then the actuall racing started. I declared a 11.25 and the guy that i was running against was like a 6.31 so basically i got a 5 second headstart. I actually beat him but i redlighted by .02. The guy came FLYING by me when he caught me. lol.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Right on man, Red is the fastest color you know. ;)

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
in where is you headlight in some of those pics?

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took that idea from the chevy guys. Since the filter sits pretty much directly behind the opening for the light, I reove the light to help get a bit more air flow to the intake. I am not sure ifit really works but I try it anyways. I am going to eventually modify the intake shield to try to get more air into the filter area.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
love the way it sits...what size tires do you have on there

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I took that idea from the chevy guys. Since the filter sits pretty much directly behind the opening for the light, I reove the light to help get a bit more air flow to the intake. I am not sure ifit really works but I try it anyways. I am going to eventually modify the intake shield to try to get more air into the filter area.
oh nice :tup:

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
love the way it sits...what size tires do you have on there
they are 285/60r17. they are Toyo Proxes S/T. And they grip very well. I just dropped the pressure to 30lbs and i get little to no wheel spin. I am considering dropping it another inch all around, but not sure yet.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
they are 285/60r17. they are Toyo Proxes S/T. And they grip very well. I just dropped the pressure to 30lbs and i get little to no wheel spin. I am considering dropping it another inch all around, but not sure yet.
thanks bro ill be getting that size for my 17's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.