DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06' 300c 5.7L So i'm rollin' home from work just gettin on the on-ramp and I see some HID lookin' lights rippin through traffic screamin' down on my rear bumper so I bump it up a little so I enter the freeway around 80mph.... roll to a slow around 55mph he rolls up and nods... we get 3 honks and it's on!!! He jumps right out and gets about 2-2.5 lengths on me and stays there. We ran from 55-90. Yes it was an L for me but I was happy to see my behemoth of a truck and all the aerodynamics of a brick stuck with such a sleek looking car. I'm not sure what 300c 1/4 mile times are but i'm interested now to say the least. And as we should all know....a true test of horsepower is from 60mph and upward from there.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
My dad has a first year 300C and the thing flies. I'm sure its a low14's, high 13's car.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
GOT RAM said:
a true test of horsepower is from 60mph and upward from there.
Thats also a test that requires very very little driver skill... You might as well just through both vehicles on a dyno and let them duke it out. JMO

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
rice_eater said:
Thats also a test that requires very very little driver skill... You might as well just through both vehicles on a dyno and let them duke it out. JMO
:huh:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only guess he's mad that Neon doesn't get to 60mph.

driver skill? Are you kidding me, it's driving it doesn't take skill. You can take the most obese man and he'll drift your pants off, this is motorsports it isn't like running 3 miles in x amount of time this isn't a PT test.

Another foot note if you had any dyno knowledge you dont start dyno pulls until after 60mph anyways so yes you could let them duke it out on the dyno but thats not as accurate as "real world conditions" weather, air density,traction etc.

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Hmmmm, neons can't get over 60 mph huh?
Most of u guys wouldn't know that for sure anyway. Were generally powering ahead of you guys to see anyhow! lol
Just jokin with yas!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
GOT RAM said:
I can only guess he's mad that Neon doesn't get to 60mph.

driver skill? Are you kidding me, it's driving it doesn't take skill. You can take the most obese man and he'll drift your pants off, this is motorsports it isn't like running 3 miles in x amount of time this isn't a PT test.

Another foot note if you had any dyno knowledge you dont start dyno pulls until after 60mph anyways so yes you could let them duke it out on the dyno but thats not as accurate as "real world conditions" weather, air density,traction etc.
How does what I drive have anything to do with what we're talking about? Did I touch a nerve that you have to resort to making immature comments about my car? Wow... Your a man...

Driving doesnt take skill huh? Wow, no wonder so many people die each year on our highways. People like you think anyone can jump in anything and drive it. But thats beside the point. What I meant was it takes very little skill to put your right foot to the boards at 60mph and keep the wheel straight. The other guy is doing the exact same thing, you're comparing vehicles, just like on a dyno, thats it. Not much driver skill involved. I'm not talking about "skill" as in athletic or physically fit. I'm talking about launching a vehicle from a dead stop and balancing traction and wheelspin for optimum acceleration, and getting through your gears with precision and speed.

FYI, you basically shot yourself in the foot in your last paragraph. Yeah, dyno pulls are started at speed, just like your "race". As far as real world conditions go? Ummm sorry to break it to you, but the guy in the other land is experiencing the exact same conditions as you are, same surface = same traction, same weather, same air density, same air temp... heck, SAME AIR! Yeah... how is this not comparable to putting both vehicles on a dyno and seeing who makes more power? The only thing the dyno ist taking into account is vehicle weight, which isnt changing during the "race" Its still a constant, so you can derive your weight to power ratio from your vehicle weight and your dyno pull.

Oh and BTW... My neon can top 125mph, no BS. I dont consider that fast, but its not half bad for a 4 banger with a few bolt ons.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Ok boys, lets keep this civil, OK? I don't like closing or deleting threads if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
neons cant go over 60 my ass well u get ur beast and i'll get my "neon" and we'll see wat happens u may have twice the liters and cubic inches and maybe even hp then me but in this world that dont matter its all about "Driver skill" and Power to weight ratio! u wiegh twice as much as me and im putting almost just as much hp to the wheels! i dont think 256 fwhp ( which i dyno'd out today cudos for me!!!!) is to bad with my mods all i got that aint listed is a spring mod that makes me boost more! also ur wrong and u owe rice apology he knows wat he's talking about!!! those 300c's are sweet as hell btw but they are tanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.