DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ladies and gentlemen...

I have had it with the Stealership constantly telling me items are not covered under my Maximum Care Chrysler Service Contract.

Can anyone provide me with a full LIST of covered items/parts/components under the following contract!

2005 Dodge Durango, Limited, Hemi, Everything...

Plan Type: Maximum Care Upgrade with Zero Deductable up to 85,000 miles

Apparently the list the Stealership provided me when I purchased the plan is not accurate.

Thanks!
Mike
Cleveland,OH

· Registered
1,410 Posts
In 2 1/2 years of Durango ownership I've never had an item NOT covered by my basic warranty. I think your dealership is messing with you. If you have the option, try another dealer and see what they say.

· Registered
681 Posts
Sounds just like my stealer.
Brake hardware 15K miles, and 2 years old rusted/jammed. Emergency brake stuck. NADA.
"Dodge does not support us, so we don't support you"

Did I mention this is my last Dodge EVER?

· Grab Life By The Balls
932 Posts
I have the 3month/3,000 mile Maximum Care warranty and it covers everything as the basic 3yr/36,000 mile does.

· ******* SPACESTATION
5,527 Posts
If the Max care warranty has the same coverage as the 3/36 it should cover everything except normal wear items (brake pads, lights, etc).

I agree with above that it may be that specific dealer being a assbag about it.
Try another town / chain and see what they say.

I drive an extra 8-10 miles to the dealership I use now because they are much better than the local one.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Mike:

Sounds like false advertising /fraud to me!! Go to this site and enter your info. I have the Max Care 7/70 for the wifes DGC, and its list tells you what IS NOT covered.

http://www.servicecontracts.daimlerchrysler.com/customer_self_service.jsp?DATA=N

The list is pretty short BTW. What items are they denying?? It is true that if rust and/or corrosion are involved, some warranties don't cover that.

Don

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Mike:

Maximum Care
The most comprehensive plan available, Maximum Care offers coverage on virtually all mechanical components, with only a $100, $50 or $0 deductible. It even includes Trip Interruption coverage. Over 5000+ components covered under this plan.

The only parts and labor not covered are:
Maintenance services and items used in such services, Glass, plastic lenses, Body and paint items, including soft trim. Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts. Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches.

Look it up at www.eservicecontracts.com

Don

· Swamp Yankee
1,198 Posts
I agree on this being my last Dodge product. Too many dumb issues..... Going to be Jap or German next trip ;)

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Mike:

We are always glad to help. Let us know how it turns out.

Don

· ******* SPACESTATION
5,527 Posts
Either I'm lucky or some of yall are cursed, but the last 3 Dodge products I've owned have been 98% problem free.

snhudurango: if you are leaning towards an import, VW engineers some good vehicles. The Jetta we had, while a little on the expensive side, was nicely engineered. quick, quiet, and 35 mpg.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey Mike, sometimes you need to elevate the situation. Go to another dealership, talk to the GM, contact the owner, contact Dodge.

I'm sure Dodge would be up-in-arms if they knew a dealership was denying covered service.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Then again, maybe not.

Back in February, the wife got her 05 Grand Caravan stuck in the drive way. Ended up trying to rock it free as she was taking the daughter to the ER, and I was lying inside with a recently broken ankle.

Long story short. She ended up popping the outer CV joint on the driver side. Car only had 18k on it. Both the local dealer and Detroit "declined" to honor the basic bumper to bumper warranty stating she must have abused it.

$350.00 later we had it on the road again.

Don

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Don Fox said:
Then again, maybe not.

Back in February, the wife got her 05 Grand Caravan stuck in the drive way. Ended up trying to rock it free as she was taking the daughter to the ER, and I was lying inside with a recently broken ankle.

Long story short. She ended up popping the outer CV joint on the driver side. Car only had 18k on it. Both the local dealer and Detroit "declined" to honor the basic bumper to bumper warranty stating she must have abused it.

$350.00 later we had it on the road again.

Don
That is why when they ask what happened you give them the :dunno:

· Registered
1,067 Posts
That would be dishonest, and I don't play those games.

I could tell from the get go that they were not in my corner. I believe in modeling the behavior you want your kids to follow.

However, I will go to the wall if I believe the cause is valid and I have a chance of affecting the outcome.

Don

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Don Fox said:
That would be dishonest, and I don't play those games.

I could tell from the get go that they were not in my corner. I believe in modeling the behavior you want your kids to follow.
However, I will go to the wall if I believe the cause is valid and I have a chance of affecting the outcome.

Don
I am with you on this but if the dealership is going to be jackass's about something that should be covered then playing dumb is what is needed if it gets your part replaced without you dopping a dime.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
H4w:

Thanks for the support. I just figure I have been pretty lucky in my 20+ years of vehicle ownership.

The first service contract I purchased paid me back 3 times what I paid for it. I have one now through Warranty Direct for my D, and the wifes GCV has one via Chrysler.

They are still money ahead at this point, but the piece of mind is nice.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
I bought a contract for my wifes old 96 Cirrus and it covered $9K in parts and labor total by the time we sold it. SO I was sold on aftermarket contracts at that point until we got a bad contract on my wifes old 01 Town and Country. We paid more then it did when certain parts should have been replaced. We traded that in for a new 05 G.Caravan and got 90% of our money back on the contract. I think it is hit or miss on those aftermarket contract companies. If you can get Pinnacle as they are great. We tried to get it on that 01 T&C but we could not as we did not buy it from their authorized dealer contract points.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.