DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is involved in taking out the old head unit? I was just wondering how big of a pain in the ass it will be so I can plan for the approriate amount of time. I am failry knowledgable(sp), but obviously can't spell.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
hemi graham said:
What is involved in taking out the old head unit? I was just wondering how big of a pain in the ass it will be so I can plan for the approriate amount of time. I am failry knowledgable(sp), but obviously can't spell.
There is a screw behind the bag hook on the dash. After the screw is removed pull that whole dash piece out. After that is off you have four screws to get the head unit out.

To put in an aftermarket deck you need a dash kit to make it fit the bezel, a wiring harness to make it plug into the factory wiring, and an antenna adapter. If you have the infinity 7 speaker system with the amp I believe you are going to need another wiring adapter to bypass the amp, if you have the regular four speaker system you will just need the stuff I mentioned before.

If you are going to be adding an amp and subs later, go ahead and run your RCA cables and your remote turn on wire for the amp from your head unit while you have it out to save some time later on.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i didnt bypass my infinity amp. i just hooked up the amp lead to the wiring harness and boom, the speakers sound amazing. much better then the stock headunit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.