DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Getting my life back!
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to paint my dash bezel silver but I need to know what I need. I have bulldog plastic adhesive promoter. Do I need to use primer if I use that? Also, I am looking at buying to dupli-color rattle can so I just want to know which can you guys are using. I saw some that were for plastic but couldn't find any that were silver. There were others that said truck/suv paint for aftermarket trim pieces. Does anyone happen to have a pic handy of the one I need to get. So I think all I need is the adhesive promoter, primer, paint, and clear coat.....sprayed in that order...correct? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I did mine, wiped it all down with alcohol, applied adhesion promoter followed by Duplicolor Truck/SUV paint, and then I applied my Duplicolor Clearcoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Really nice job!!!!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
04QuadCab8 said:
I did mine, wiped it all down with alcohol, applied adhesion promoter followed by Duplicolor Truck/SUV paint, and then I applied my Duplicolor Clearcoat.
no chipping or easy scratching?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
No haven't had any problems and I have pulled it out many times trying to decide which headunit I wanted, went through 3 before I found one I really liked. So it has held up to flexing of removal and install with no cracking or chipping, or scratches I did the door panels the same way just removed them wiped them down and went through the same steps and still in same condition as the day I painted them.

The color is Duplicor Gunmetal Metalic Grey....Thanks for the compliments guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yfz04drt said:
Do the panels pull right off or do you have to remove the door panel and dash?
The dash has 2 screws that go up above the cupholder from below, remove those and then pull out on the bezel and it snaps out.( its a little tough but it just snaps in/out)

For the doors you will need to remove the door panels and then on the backside the piece has plastic welds that hold it on the door, cut those off and remove the piece and prep and paint it. When you are ready to put it back on go to the hardware store and get 4 screws that will thread into the studs on the back of the painted pieces to secure it to the door, plastic welds are no longer needed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
04QuadCab8 said:
Your dash looks so much better painted to match, and the aftermarket radio really is nice compared to those huge knobs that stick out of the factory radio. :rck:

·
Getting my life back!
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i finished my bezel and i'm definately loving it! i'm also going to paint around my cruise control within the next week or so hopefully. i painted my brake calipers blue, but my truck hasn't been clean since so once we have a good sunny week ahead of us i'll clean it up so i can take some pics.

Attachments

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
Has anyone done this to an earlier model? Our bezels have them square bumps ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.