DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 mega cab 4x4 coming in this week and i ordered to get a lift done right away

its costing me $3500 to lift it 6 inches leafs in the back and long travel arms in the front . also how bad is that gonna mess up my brand new truck? should i even do it?

thanks
dj

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
they do. you can have long arms. just do it man. it wont mess anything up.

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you guys think the price is good?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Does $3,500 include labor? If so, that's a good price for lifting a solid front axle truck. The lifts on them are not that expensive. I don't think you'll much problems. Lifting a vehicle will change the handling dynamics and put more strain on certain parts. But I wouldn't worry about it unless you were going over 6", were going to tow a lot of weight, or planned on doing crazy offroading.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
3500 better include the lift tires and rims. sometimes its a better piece of mind paying a little more knowing its from the dealership if its covered in the warranty. the dealership locally will fully warranty any vehicle that they mod

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LABOR included yeah thats out the door with no tires or rims.. yeah i was thinking of towing a boat . and its not the dealer its a company that works with the dealer .. but dealer said that the tires have to be stock size cuz it will void the waranty since bigger tires will mess up the milage

.. but he said thay can try to adjust it if i do get bigger wheels . but he said the lift will not void waranty and the lift will be covered by the company that lifted the truck.

off roading not that much but yes i will be doing some when i go to like job sites and stuff like that ... and Snow And LOTS of it !!! lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
ok # 1 is $3500 is a complete RIP OFF...
2. the dealer can recalculate the tire size i believe up to 35"
3. warrenty cannot be vioded just b/c the truck is lifted, they have to prove the lift caused the problems
(i.e if the engine blows they cant void the warrenty b/c the lift has no effect on the engine)..

u-joints and the rear thats a different story

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if not a secret how much did you pay for your lift bpunk. an ddid you install your self or did you have it done? also what kind of lift cuz this is a long travel arm kit with complete leafs no blocks .

Dj

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Way too much, what kind of lift are we talking here? Why would you even lift it if staying stock tires? I think they are feeding a line of bull. I bet they are paying about $1500 for the lift and about $400 to have it installed.

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i talked to the guy him self . that runs the company. dealer makes 100 bucks on it he said but the 100 bucks go toward not voiding my waranty ..

so i dont know i will find out more the ship date on the truck is the 8th of this month so it will be here proly monday 13th i will find out more wht lift but he mentioned something that its a custom lift ... also theres a full billet lift for $15,000 , thats a 10 inch lift full custom with wheels and tire package 40 inch tires mounted on 22s . lol thats way too much

·
Registered
595 Posts
i havnt lifted my truck yet...... im in the process of buying the lift, rims and tries, and gears and LSD, all going to run me about $4,000..... but all this may be going on hold b/c im thinkin bout sellin and gettin a CTD.. anyway just search around the net you can find much better pricing... Skyjacker 6" kits go for around $1700 and thats still a little high.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
bpunk360 said:
ok # 1 is $3500 is a complete RIP OFF...
2. the dealer can recalculate the tire size i believe up to 35"
3. warrenty cannot be vioded just b/c the truck is lifted, they have to prove the lift caused the problems
(i.e if the engine blows they cant void the warrenty b/c the lift has no effect on the engine)..

u-joints and the rear thats a different story

#1 3500$ is NOT a ripoff for a long-arm system
#2 they can calculate for ANY size tire
#3 is touchy, technically they can prove that the lift/tires put undue stress on the drivetrain and caused premature damage, it's ALL depending on your dealer

I don't remember, but if it's a cummins that's perfectly fine for 35-37's, for a hemi I'd do 4.56/4.88 gears on 35's-37's, especially in a mega cab

·
THE KING!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i was gonna say for a long arm its not too bad but i wanted a second opinion . and i got my price for the wheels and tires . nitto terra gapplers 37s for $1,700 and rims KMC XD Disels 20s for $315 a pop . so for tires and whells just under $3000

·
Registered
7 Posts
The warrenty will be void if you make drastic mods / it depends on the dealership and what they think. Your warrenty is dependant on how you take care of your vehicle with the mods and what dealership you are working with. If you drive like an idiot and the service dept knows it, they are most likely going to give you a hard time when you take it in for a fix. It also depends on if you got the extended warrenty. They are in the buisness to make money not give it away. The hundred dollar profit going towrd the warrenty is comblete bull! He is a salesman, which means what he tells you and what he really makes are two different things I bet he will make 350 to 500 off your deal truth be told. I would really look deeper into it if i were you. I got an 06 mega cab with 35's and it is plenty big. I could spend 3500 dollars on alot of other stuff for my truck that is already bigger than everyone elses.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What is the company name that makes that lift? What type of performance are you looking for from you lift? Do you just want to clear 37" tires only or also want an added performance from you suspension while offroading?

For $3,500 installed I would rather go with a Kore system and DRC fenders to fit 37" tires and get the best performance on/off road...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.