DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 02 simulator at the beginning of the week, I gutted the cat yesterday. This morning I installed the 02 sim. and disconnected the battery for 20 minutes. It is running super rich and is slowly getting worse. Any ideas? I wish I never would of did this!!

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Check your wires. It sounds like one of your wires is crossed or grounded. Also inspect your front o2 sensors they could be causing your problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will Do! I think I'm going to order a direct fit catco and new o2 sensors tomorrow. Should of just ordered a new cat right away instead of gutting it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Catco cat came today from Summit Racing. Installed in right away along with new 02 sensors. Running good again!!! New cat sure flows more then the stock one. For what it worth.....DON'T gut your cat!!

·
The R is for RELAX...
41 Posts
I actually had mine gutted back in 2000 and it never gave me any problems...I bet it was just your sensors. With all those fumes comin through it will leave your check engine light on 24-7, until you either remove them or replace them. I only recenlty had to re-install a cat b/c the state said so (Damn polution laws!) Bad thing is, I'm starting to get that rattling again at about 1100 rpms that made me want to gut it in the first place. :grum: Don't know if I'll gut it again, but I hate that vibrating / rattling sound!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I'm sure it was the sensors. When I installed the catco I had to run down to the local garage and have them open the muffler up a bit so I could reinstall it. It sounded like the cat was gutted! I even set off a car alarm on the way there.. With the flowmaster installed and new highflow cat the sound is awesome. I was running about 13.5 miles per gallon, in the last few days it's been around 14.2. I order the direct-fit cat from summit $239.0 delivered. Know anybody that need a O2 simulator?

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
steve99ram said:
I even set off a car alarm on the way there.. With the flowmaster installed and new highflow cat the sound is awesome.
I love when that happens.... and with a 4" exhaust on my H.O. Cummins it happens alot! Like my friend Jim says "If it wont make noise and spin the tires, what good is it?"

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
i could use one. does it have the connector ends on it and who did you get it from

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No connector ends....but I think I still have the old sensor. You could just solder the connector to it. I bought it from www.o2simulator.com

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
could you see ive been wantin to do that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know, I'll give you a good deal.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
hey shoot me an email at [email protected] and weel work something out. i been on vacation
thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.