DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When accellerating from a stop, I can hear this gurgling or bubbling sound coming from just behind the dash. It's very faint but with the radio down and windows up, you can hear it real well.

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks a lot,

Gil.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
What is your engine temperature? Are you ever going over 195? Also, are you using a 50/50 mix in your anti-freeze? The more water you have in there, the more likely you are to boil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I do use 50/50 mixture, but I haven't flushed the anti-freeze out since I bought it in Nov 04. So I guess I'm not sure of the exact water/antifreeze ratio that is currently in my Durango. I do know that temperature gauge seems to run awfully cool versus other cars/trucks I've owned. I know it never passes the midway point (hardly gets close to it).

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
It never should go over the half way point. If it ever does, then you know your thermostat has a problem. Ideally, you should change out the thermostat from the stock 195 t-stat to a 180. Additionally, try flushing your coolant and making sure that the mixture you put in is correct. I'm guessing that the gurgle you hear is your anti-freeze.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've always ran a little more anti-freeze than water, that way it gives it a little higher boiling temp and a little cooler freezing temp. Heck the most knowledgable person I've ever known with cars (HS auto instructor, 55 years experience, worked for SUN diagnostic equipment for 20 years, knew just about anything and everything you could think of) ran almost straight anti-freeze in most of his vehicles and never had a problem, ever.

·
Registered
68 Posts
:rck: Mine makes that sound too but it is only the wet bar I installed... :rck:

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
cardfan- how much of an improvement did you see from that install? i'm assuming you mean a water vapor injector ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
cbrenn71 said:
cardfan- how much of an improvement did you see from that install? i'm assuming you mean a water vapor injector ?
No I was referring to a re route of the wiper washer sytem to a tube the comes out next to the ashtray to dispense vodka directly into my glass when I pull the wiper wash lever... :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was a joke.. at least as it relates to me... (they tend to lose the comic effect when explained) :D I did have a friend who was an alcoholic, he had done that to his Ford Taurus.. Vodka was the ticket I guess cuz it does not smell..

·
Registered
68 Posts
cbrenn71 said:
? you're running a water vapor injector right?
No I don't even know what one is, or what it would do but it sounds interesting...

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
i was pretty sure you were joking, but at the same time i thought thats what you mighta been talking about.

·
CH-RAM
640 Posts
My wife's Blazer had the same noises coming from the dash.
One day flushed out the cooling system and had a lot of brown sludge stuff come out.
All that crap was clogging the heater core and made noises when the water pushed through there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.