DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im new to this hemi modin. but what is the govener set at? how many horses can the stock internals hold. where can i find parts for a good price? and why when the guy that had the truck before me did he have the bottom leaf spring fliped over when he lowerd it? because i had to flip it back over because the truck was bottomin out on me and it was to soft in the rear. although i have noticed that the differance is that now it spins more from a dead stop whitch is a no brainer of corse butnow it hooks better from a roll and punchin it. which is wierd because i thought it would spin more all around.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
why haven't u gone out to the closest freeway and found out what the governor is set at? haha jk i think its at 110. one of the members here, who is also a sponsor for these forums is air_ram he sells stuff on his website www.airram.com and look at all the other sponsors. on the other stuff, i can't really help u out, but i would think it can handle 500 hp. what are you'r plans for the hemi?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i wont to modify it a little and then supercharge it. but i got to sell my s-10 first. but i aint done much research to know for sure what i can do to it. because all to posts i read on hear is one person sayin start here by doin this and then another sayin start here and do this. but for right now im stuck till i sell my other truck. so yea im just goin to research till i sell it. then ill go from there.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
i have talked w/ sts turbo and they say that you can "safely" run 7 psi of boost on the hemi and w/ there kit your looking at close to 500 hp at the rear tires. so the hemi will hold up to some power. but if you want to run more boost than that he pistons will not hold up to it. the compression ring on the piston is too close to the top of the poston to handle anything more than that. im looking at boosting my truck but just have too many mods get in the way that i keep spending $$$ on.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
BTW the rev limiter can be shut off. now be ready for this it will go aginst everything you have been taught. when the truckis running turn the key to the start position and hold it there untill you hear the seat belt chime and you have now just disabled your speed limiter. you will need to do this every time you want to disable it though. and i have run my truck at 105 and i hear that the limiter is set to 106 (not too sure though)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
set between 105 and 110...depends on the vehicle...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well mine has been disabled permanitly then because i had it at 115 and still gainin 2 nights ago. ive been trin to figure out what all has been done to this truck by askin what even sounds like stupid questions to even me. but thats because when i came right and asked i didnt get a responce so ill ask again. how do u know if its been chipped or the cpu messed with is there a way to tell because i dont belive its been chipped it dont run but 10.00 in a 1/8 mile so its not bad ass theres stock hondas runnin faster than that

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
hard to say...a programmer is undetectable without readin the pcm...

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
well if the PCM has been messed w/ i want to know who did it. as no one has been able to get into the PCM on the ram. now it could ahve a superchips installed on it and if it does you will not be able to find it but if it was at a dealer then im sure that its long gone as they will erase it if they need to update anything on the PCM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the dealer i got it from hadnt touch the truck to even clean it yet they got it in on trade then stuck it out htere then i said i want watch take for it so they didnt mess with it. besides i dont think this dealer would i bought it from russel auto sales i dont know if yall have heard of him his name is tony russel he has the pro mod dragster named the lowmad. but then what happend to my govener then . the truck isnt fast enought o have superchips i wouldnt believe it may which would be the shit but then the govener thing which im not tryin to look a gift horse in the mouth but im just tryin to figure this out thats all

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...how many miles do you have on your truck?....do you see any obvious mods done to it?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Concerning the flipped leaf in the rear.......which way was it facing before you did your modification??? All overload springs are reverse of the main 3 leafs,so if this was the case the prior owner did nothing to the spring at all. IF you flipped the lower leaf to flow the same way as the other 3 main leafs then YOU are the one who flipped it over. There is nothing wrong with what you have done IF thats the case......basically you lifted the rear of the truck up some by flipping the overload spring to match the contour of the main 3 leafs which will also firm up the ride while adding a little lift.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok to start withit had 29000 on it. yea there is the exhuast has been done and its got an air intake . exterior it got an aftermarket front bumper cover, and i think its the srt-10 ram air hood on it. hey thanks bout let me know that well im the one that fliped it over then. but i like it like it is now because it dont bottom out which it didnt raise it but a half inch. it actually looks better the stance of it is awsome now it handles better its smoother i cant believe with as soft as that rear was that it came that way it was awful. what is up with the 4000 rev stall in park or neutral it sux because my truck sound so good and i cant rev on nobody.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...uh..i'm not the one whose going to say it... does sound like a nice truck..

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
chefred112 said:
...uh..i'm not the one whose going to say it... does sound like a nice truck..
agreed i feel that way sometimes about my truck when i think i bought this thing used........... but it will be fine stop tryingto analyze it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh well it is a nice truck . but im just tryin to figure out whats been done so i can add to it cause when i sell my other truck ill bout $3000 to 4000 to drop in it so i just want to know this stuff thats all. its nice i want it to run a little bit better thats all there is to many hondas faster than me round here so yea

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
bummer i hope that oyu did not think that my post came off as rude or anything. because if it did it was not ment to be that way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no i didnt take it that way and i thank u for ur help . i just need to figure it out so that way i dont waste my money and try to redo something thats allready been done

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
the obvious stuff you can tell such as headers, exhaust, intake...but unless you take it apart you won't know if the gears are upgraded (from 3.55 or 3.92) or if a cam was installed or if it was programmed...good luck finding out...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...and since you say the Hondas and ricers are beatin you...I would tend to think that your not cammed yet...or geared (to 4.56's)...can you take pics of your truck all the way around it...we want to see your new baby...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.