DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
xcguy
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to make a long story short: my first oil change i had taken to get done @ a local shop... from the forums, i heard it was a B**** to get the factory filter off... so that was why i went to the local shop. And today was my 6,000 mi. oil change so i switched to synthetic... so when i was changing the oil, all went well up until i went to take my old filter off and Guess what filter was on there. If you guessed the Mopar Filter w/ "FACTORY INSTALLED " staring down @ me, you are right !!!!!!! i was furious... :mad: Just needed to vent.... Thanks for reading

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Wow that really sucks I would go back to that place and get my $$$ back :mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is bullshit, and i know you probably dont wont to hear it, but i am an service advisor, and the best place other than you doing it yourself is the dealer, i know its more, but we do it right

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
no..i have no problem taking to the dealer because mine gives me the same coupon every time even if i dont have one! they actually have competitve prices as well...plus i can see what they are doing...im talking about the 10 minute in and out joints...overpriced and not exactly sure what they're doin down underneath there...are sayin this guy is lying?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You know what I do anytime I get something done to a vehicle, that I can't readily check? Like a timing belt on a car for example.

Put some whiteout on the bolt heads that you know will be coming off. If the whiteout is still there, they obviously didn't do anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
senglehart said:
You know what I do anytime I get something done to a vehicle, that I can't readily check? Like a timing belt on a car for example.

Put some whiteout on the bolt heads that you know will be coming off. If the whiteout is still there, they obviously didn't do anything.
Ha thats funny my good old dad taught me that one!!! He's gone but I never heard him him say "man that was a good mechanic" he never took anything anyplace unless for whatever reason he had to, as with myself and family. I have never had a good experiance with any shop-unfortunatly they always mess something up!!! And this story just supports that!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i do the same thing, whenever i take any of my vehicles to get fixed i use the white out trick works every time and keeps thatm honest

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have used Valvoline oil place before and never had any problems with them, in fact they let me stand in the bay while they do it and always show me whats going on. Most of the guys and girls there are young and just starting out but they are very careful with my trucks and cars. I only go there really when It is to save time. My truck has been going to the dealer ship until the warranty goes out then I'll either do ti or take it to Valvoline.

·
xcguy
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BJennings said:
I have used Valvoline oil place before and never had any problems with them, in fact they let me stand in the bay while they do it and always show me whats going on. Most of the guys and girls there are young and just starting out but they are very careful with my trucks and cars. I only go there really when It is to save time. My truck has been going to the dealer ship until the warranty goes out then I'll either do ti or take it to Valvoline.
it is funny you mention that company...i dont want to say the name of the place but you hit the nail right on the head as to who i went to... and this was the end result... dont mean to frown on the company, but it is the employees that build the reputation not, the company.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened,I cant for the life of me see how peoples conscience can allow them to do this with no inkling of getting caught. I also like when I look under a truck or car and see where a lube tech has tried to get grease from the grease gun to push into a brake bleeder........just because it looks like a zerks fitting doesnt mean it is..........incompetence is everywhere.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Ketch21 said:
that is bullshit, and i know you probably dont wont to hear it, but i am an service advisor, and the best place other than you doing it yourself is the dealer, i know its more, but we do it right
Some dealerships may be ok, but for the most part they aren't any better then quick oil change places. I refuse to even let a dealer touch my truck, unless it's on warrenty. Dealers are a joke nowdays, like when they tell you there's a problem with your truck but they have no idea isn't it there job to know? :huh:

·
Registered
430 Posts
slammed1 said:
Sorry to hear that happened,I cant for the life of me see how peoples conscience can allow them to do this with no inkling of getting caught. I also like when I look under a truck or car and see where a lube tech has tried to get grease from the grease gun to push into a brake bleeder........just because it looks like a zerks fitting doesnt mean it is..........incompetence is everywhere.
Exactly! :VHOT:

·
Registered
8 Posts
mocho said:
Some dealerships may be ok, but for the most part they aren't any better then quick oil change places. I refuse to even let a dealer touch my truck, unless it's on warrenty. Dealers are a joke nowdays, like when they tell you there's a problem with your truck but they have no idea isn't it there job to know? :huh:
My brother was dealer mechanic for 10yrs before opening his own shop. He said and I quote: "Your 50,000 dollar truck is just another pile of poop to the mechanic working on it" Enough said..........

·
Registered
430 Posts
mocho said:
I couldn't have said it better... :rck:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.