DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I've made an upgrade! :rck: I reluctantly traded in my 04 for the last 2011 my local dealer had on the lot. It was tough letting go of it though; after 7 years and only racking up a little under 70,000 miles, that truck was pretty special to me:

But....this new ride is just flat out awesome!

I wanted to wait until 2013 to get an 8 speed, but I'm impatient and I got a great deal on a truck that came with pretty much everything but a sunroof. Sucks that it's been raining since the day I got it, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have it cleaned up & looking nice again. Now I just need to fight the urge to do any mods....at least not until I get that first truck note in the mail. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congratulations. You made a great choice.

·
Registered
555 Posts
nice ride...congrats

·
LU229
149 Posts
ohhhhhhh, you`ll regret it....heheheheheeee just kiddin...lol. Nice truck...!

·
Registered
476 Posts
i feel your pain. i traded in my '97 rc sport for my '04 rc sport then the '04 for my '10.

it was worth it in the end though. ride quality is much better. and with #2 son on the way the back seat was a must.

nice looking truck, excellent color choice.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
congrats on the new ride.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Congrats on the ride.

What gears does it have?

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the ride.

What gears does it have?
I'm assuming 3.55. The sticker listed everything but that and I forgot to ask, which surprised me after I realized it b/c I went into this looking specifically for a Sport with 3.92 gears. My mom has a 09 Ram with 3.55's and mine pulls pretty similar to her's so that's why I'm thinking it's got 3.55 back there.

And thanks everyone, I am quickly falling in love with this truck. In the past I thought things like a heated seat and steering wheel were unecessary....until I got to use them today. :D The only things I didn't get that I wanted in a new truck were 3.92 gear and I originally wanted a White. But the Flame Red way my second choice; I love the color (especially with the Sport package) and I'm glad it's different from my 04 Ram. I'll be jealous when the 8 speed tranny comes out for 2013, but if the rumors are true about them possibly going back to leaf springs them I'll feel a lot better b/c the ride quality is amazing like rhuarc3 mentioned.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Very nice!! I love that color!! Then again I'm bias ;). Oddly, I have an 04 (not a Ram </3 )with a little over 70k miles and I want a white 4g haha

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
Congrats You Will Love It I Know I Do

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congrats

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rck::rck::gr_patrio

How do you like this hemi compared to your last?
Love it. My 04 was no slouch with my Superchips & other mods but this new one would give it a run for it's money. I'm just now catching up on my 4th gen info, but I see it looks like us 2011 owners will be waiting a while for a tuner. I'll survive, just need to find other mods to work on that are within the budget.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats! Great looking ride. I assure you there will be no regrets. I traded an 06 for my 2011 and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sweet new ride! now trade somebody for some 22's or did you keep your wheels?
Looks good though Man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.