DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know I have been having problems forever with my diff since installing new gears, but now they are quite and work fine.

Last night I noticed that when I turn hard slowling in forward or reverse it makes a grinding/popping/creaking noise as I do it. Any ideas as to what it could be?

·
Registered
187 Posts
mine too?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine feels as if it is binding somehow. I am getting real worried as on my way to work this morning it was really bad, the truck almost didn't want to move. Could it be that when he did the gears, he said he added a little extra fluid??

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
hemi_power87 said:
Well as you all know I have been having problems forever with my diff since installing new gears, but now they are quite and work fine.

Last night I noticed that when I turn hard slowling in forward or reverse it makes a grinding/popping/creaking noise as I do it. Any ideas as to what it could be?
Isn't that something normally associated with locked rear ends? My 87 Blazer (full size) did this as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine groaned and squeaked going aroungd corners. Come to find out the dealer didn't put additive back in when they replaced my pinion seal. Fluid was low as well. I'd say check the fluid and put in some Mopar whale oil.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Shaknbak, have you raced your truck yet? curious about your et's

·
Registered
406 Posts
9.04 @ 76mph in the 1/8th. When I get my truck back, I'm betting it will be faster without the tranny slippage.

·
Banned
524 Posts
mine was doing that, doing that when I turned slow, and when I would reverse and turn, not so much when I was backing up in a straight line though....I took it in, they found some clips that had come out, had to put a new rear end in......

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its fixed now, there was no friction addative for the limited slip. Stupid ****s.

·
Banned
524 Posts
figures, seems to be a popular thing now days, they always forget to add that...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i couldn't believe how bad it sounded, you would think it would just be chirping but it like binded up and shit, amazing.

·
Banned
524 Posts
all that work for $10 in fluid....LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just needed additive

I had the rearend whine when turning as well. Drained the diff and made sure to add anti-slip additive. All is well now. Was worried it might be the "clip" problem. A few bucks worth of additive. :cool:

·
Banned
524 Posts
I do have a question on this......I posted in another forum, but I don't think it was as high traffic as this one........

How do I know which rear i have (Chrysler 9.25" etc...) and if it's posi? I do have 3.92's from the factory.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
johninaustin said:
I do have a question on this......I posted in another forum, but I don't think it was as high traffic as this one........

How do I know which rear i have (Chrysler 9.25" etc...) and if it's posi? I do have 3.92's from the factory.....

Look in the glove box on a label.

·
Banned
524 Posts
just says 3.92, nothing about posi, says 45RFE for tranny

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
if Im not mistaken... The 3.92 *IS* the Posi rear... (or limited slip rather)...

am I wrong? Do they make the 3.92 peg leg?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.