DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the experts please help the newbie before I head to the stealership? (newbie to Durango, but not to Dodge's)
When I was braking in the wet snow today, I think the ABS kicked in, but I didn't feel much of the vibration I was expecting (never had ABS before). What I did get was a loud grinding noise as if 2 pieces of coarse metal were being rubbed together. Is this normal? :help:

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
It is kind of a different noise and vibration in the peddle. I would say it sounds like gears skipping or so, it is for sure an irritating noise.....not sure if that is the answer you are looking for? Give it some more tries tomorrow, I think it is the ABS since you did not have issues before the snow.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Harumpf!

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sca. Gears skipping/grinding is a better description of the noise. Glad to hear it's not a problem with the brakes as they were redone by the dealership (non-Dodge) that I bought the D from 3K ago.
:dtrocks:
Hemi4wheeling - Harumpf for the snow or for the irritating noise?

Just realized I accidentally put this is in the drivetrain forum when I meant to put it in Tire/Wheel/Susp Talk forum. :banghead: I'll see if I can get a moderator to move the thread.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
arkietech said:
Thanks sca. Gears skipping/grinding is a better description of the noise. Glad to hear it's not a problem with the brakes as they were redone by the dealership (non-Dodge) that I bought the D from 3K ago.
:dtrocks:
Hemi4wheeling - Harumpf for the snow or for the irritating noise?

Just realized I accidentally put this is in the drivetrain forum when I meant to put it in Tire/Wheel/Susp Talk forum. :banghead: I'll see if I can get a moderator to move the thread.
Harumpf for agreement with Sca! LOL!!!! Have you ever seen Blazing Saddles by Mel Brooks? When he plays the "Gov" he says "I did not get a HARUMPF from the guy" And his underling says "give the gov. a HARUMP" and the guy goes "HARUMP" HAHAHAHA!!! I guess you have to see the movie. I love anything that Mel Brooks does.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
+4 on the HARUMPF!!!! I too appreciate Mr. Brooke's humor.

Same movie where Slim Pickens is in the desert at the toll gate and exclaims, "Git back there and bring us a s**tload of dimes"!!!!

Priceless................... Don

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AHHHHH! I thought "harumpf" meant a sigh of disgust.
I've seen it now thanks to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY
From the other clips on there, looks like a hillarious movie - especially when the new sheriff comes to town. A must rent.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
"The sheriff is [/insert bell ringing]" people in the town say "I think he said the sheriff is near" LOL!!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I needed to replace the rotors and pads when I got the grinding noise. The good thing here is they are dirt cheap. Morse ceramic pads and new rotors all four corners were about $200 for everything, and about a hour and half job to replace all of them.
FWD makes changing them a breeze. Don't let the dealer do it, you can do it for very little $ and time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.