DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the looks of the body color matched grill shells. What is my best option for getting that look? Just buying one from the dealership, or getting my chrome one painted. Not looking to spend a lot of money, and I have no idea what a new one would cost.

·
Registered
93 Posts
*COUGH* DIY COMING SOON *COUGH*

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good man. Not too sure if's that something I would attempt, but it's always a possibility. Guess if I screwed it up too bad, could always take it to a pro then. LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
haha, last pic doesn't impress you, I'm sure... but I just took off the plastic bumper portions to paint the large piece tomorrow (DIY as well)...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No man, really does look good. Where ya at? Maybe you could do mine for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
DIY, not IDIFY (I'll Do It For You) =P

Probably be better off getting a pro to do it

Slammed1: I made good use of my sandblaster =p

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
how much do yall think it would be to get someone to do it.. do you think that it will chip or peel?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Plastic Adhesive Promoter, Paint + Reducer, Clear Coat + Promoter/Reducer...

I hope mine doesn't peel or chip and I don't expect it will, either.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Always expect it to peel lol. This way when it doesnt after a few months you feel proud of yourself :-D. Dallas are you going to be doing your chrome bumper as well? Also good job on the grill shell. I think I might just save up for one and have that as my last mod because its not that important. I would like mine in red so if you want to trade and Ill pay for the paint then thats cool :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure I'm going to do the chrome part of the bumper because I'm not so sure on how the paint will hold up there.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
You didnt take the chrome off of the grill?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I sandblasted the grille shell =/

I don't have a big enough cabinet for the bumper, plus the chrome bumper + painted top of bumper is a stock option

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
DallasG said:
I sandblasted the grille shell =/

I don't have a big enough cabinet for the bumper, plus the chrome bumper + painted top of bumper is a stock option
Well I cant wait until them how to's Im probably going to do mine. Im going for a SS bumper cover next year so I was just thinking of some temp things to do to my current bumper.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I found my grille shell pretty cheap on EBya. I had been keeping an eye out for one, for quite a while. All of a sudden there one was. :D I got it for $135 or so shipped to my house. Great deal and I am very happy with it. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I thought I had some pics of it in my gallery with the red grille shell and red bumper but I don't. All I have is this transformation pic of my trucks many stages. But the top right pic shows the red grille shell and red bumpers. It'll look good on your ride Maka.

KB

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't say for sure, I don't know, I wasn't expecting to remove the chrome anyways, my local paint shop told me to use 400 sandpaper on it and I'm a lazy ass. So I got up and threw it in the blaster =D

All I can say for sure is it looked damn good before I applied the paint and after.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
KB112 said:
I thought I had some pics of it in my gallery with the red grille shell and red bumper but I don't. All I have is this transformation pic of my trucks many stages. But the top right pic shows the red grille shell and red bumpers. It'll look good on your ride Maka.

KB
Yea, mostly when it starts looking like CRMRAMs truck lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DIY, not IDIFY (I'll Do It For You) =P
Just messing with ya man. Never hurts to try though. :D About how much could I expect that to cost at a body shop somewhere?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.