DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get aftermarket grill for the 05 Hemi. I did some browsing on the forum and i am thinking of the grill4 you grill. I noticed there are two types.

type 1 - overlay
type 2 - replacement

I am leaning towards type2, because I want the clean look. My question, what is involved when installing type 2 grill (both the top and bumper grill). If someone could post a link to another post that would be great or let me know what is involved.

thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
My preference is to replace the grille instead of an overlay. The overlays cover up the center cross section of the "snout" and if you are off even a little, it will look funny, IMO.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Type 2.

·
Registered
48 Posts
get the replacment grill, It's not that hard to do, takes about 15-20 minutes and a few minor tools. Don't let installation disuade you from buying one, it's really easy to install.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yup, get a replacement... and it's easy to do. Just remove the grille surround (6 upper and 4 lower bolts I think), pop out the pop-in clips, swap and reverse. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Get a replacement Overlays don't look right IMHO

·
Registered
616 Posts
Go with the replacement. Most of the overlays I've seen are odd, you can see the stock grill right through it. On another note anyone know the web address for grill4you?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I am def. going with the replacements.

Special thanks to you Bubba for the detailed info and pics.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Hey no prob... I gotta do something around here to pull my weight. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true dat!!!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Hey no prob... I gotta do something around here to pull my weight. :)
All 130 lbs. :thatfunny

Hey Bubba, I saw a big Ferd with a grill very similar to the flame one. Cept his had flames and skulls. It was eye catching that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
1500quad said:
Go with the replacement. Most of the overlays I've seen are odd, you can see the stock grill right through it. On another note anyone know the web address for grill4you?
Try GRILLE4you .com needs that "E"

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
go with a replacement, for my sake!

I went with an overlay and I kick myself everytime I see the front of my truck

it looks good going down the road and from a distance, but if you get close up it looks off

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear you Chauncy... my bro has a F150 and he has a overlay and it looks horrible. I want to so tear it off...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
All 130 lbs. :thatfunny

Hey Bubba, I saw a big Ferd with a grill very similar to the flame one. Cept his had flames and skulls. It was eye catching that's for sure.
I wish that's all I had to pull around... lol

And yea, I've seen those grilles and they do look nice. But for the 3G Rams, there's not a lot offered in the lines of grilles like that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've made my decision... I'm going with the direct replacement for the upper grille. A 20-30 minute installation isnt bad, as I was expecting more modification to install.

Now I know the bumper grill is an insert... has anyone modified to become a replacement on the Non-Sport models?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
sethro said:
I've made my decision... I'm going with the direct replacement for the upper grille. A 20-30 minute installation isnt bad, as I was expecting more modification to install.

Now I know the bumper grill is an insert... has anyone modified to become a replacement on the Non-Sport models?
ARe you talking OEM or after market type for the grille

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am talking aftermarket. Now I need to decide to get the Polished Billet or SS Billet....

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
sethro said:

My wife has the Carriage works grill and Grille4you bumper insert
They match real well

I have the OEM grill and Grille4you bumper isert ( non sport)
They don't match but I like it better than no bumper insert

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
whats wrong with overlays

the overlay doesnt cover the cross it just overlays the black mesh , imho i like mine looks good up close and far away and you cant really see the mesh behind it and its a good bit cheaper , mine is a grille4u overlay

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.