DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2 days I have noticed my truck feels like it has a high stall converter in it and the check engine light came on last night. Also, when cruising down the road and letting off the gas, the truck slows down quickly like it's in low gear.
I took the car into the dealer this morning and they just called back. I have "transmission issues" and they don't have a tech there and won't have one for another 2 weeks. WTF? They also said (don't know if this was an exageration or a slip-up on the service writer's part) a lot of people have had troubles with their transmission and a lot of the dealers are backed up to the point people are having to wait a month or more.

My truck is an 06 5.7 with 25k miles. I have done very little towing in this thing...maybe a total of 800 miles...towing around 5k pounds.

This really pisses me off and makes me worried about what could come up in the future when the warranty is up. :VHOT:

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Can you try another dealer? There must be like 20 of them in Houston, right?

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ggravant said:
Can you try another dealer? There must be like 20 of them in Houston, right?
Yeah. I have 2 close to me...Clear Lake Dodge and Roger's Dodge in Alvin. It's at Clear Lake Dodge now and I'll be taking it to Roger's Dodge tomorroow. 25k miles for a transmission is lame and I'm already considering trading this thing in on a diesel or just downgrading to a used Chevy for less money.

· Registered
103 Posts
My big question is:

Is this reflective of newer dodge transmissions, or is this a fluke?

I still remember dodge transmission problems in the 2nd generation trucks.

People still bought them because they looked so good.

We are experiencing problems with LSD rear ends in 3rd generation trucks, now transmissions too.

How many times will the public continue to purchase dodge products if they are unable to produce a reliable vehicle?

I bought my dodge pickup; brand new in 2002, because it looked so much better than any other trucks offered.

I have kept it because every time I test drive another brand of truck, I find myself thinking that I like the looks of my dodge much better.

But other than sucking gas; far worse than advertised on the window sticker, I have been very happy with mine.

Maybe I was lucky to buy a V6; no transmision problems or rear end problems, I never thought I would say that.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmmhoss said:
My big question is:

Is this reflective of newer dodge transmissions, or is this a fluke?
That's my main concern.

Like I said above, 25k miles on a transmission is a joke.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the truck to the other dealership a few minutes ago and they "wouldn't be able to even look at it until around next Tuesday if I dropped it off today" and they "don't make appointments". On top of that, neither of the 2 dealers I have talked to will provide a loaner car.

This crap is pissing me off. I may call Dodge and/or Chrysler Financial today and tell them if something isn't done they'll miss out on the remainder (about $2800 - 44 months) of finance charges when I trade this thing in on a Chevrolet.

· Registered
588 Posts
Never heard of a dealer that made people leave their vehicles for several days or more in line to be serviced. Thats a dealer I would not go back to.

There have not been any abnormal amounts of newer transmission failures. There were some issues 2001 and prior but not major. My 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2007 have had no problems.

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
my tranny went up at 26k

· 16oz. to freedom!
1,108 Posts
Get it to Helfman dodge.

· Registered
3,064 Posts
The dealer over filled my tranny and toasted it.
I towed with it every day.
A tandem dump trailer.
It only had 100,000 miles on it,yes 100,000.miles or in canada 160,000 kms.
Get it fixed and dont worry about it.
You just got a bad one.
I also race my truck all the time.
tranny is sloppy but it did the job.

· Registered
19 Posts
I just sold my 03 hemi quad-cab long box with the 5spd-auto and never in 65k miles had anything but praises for the truck -100% trouble free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.