DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
Who screwed you, I'll kick their a**.
Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head as far as your trans goes, wish I could be of more help

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hey Monster:

Read the print, check out Fastman. There's even a link here at this site. Dan will NOT lead you wrong, and even though he's in business, he won't sell ya sumpthin ya don't need. Good Luck.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I talked to Dan, he went hunting this past weekend, he said he's have to send me to his transmission guy who is in California I believe... I cannot remember, either Minnesota or Cali... In any case it'd be too damn expensive to ship my trans up there, wait 2-3 weeks for him to do it and then ship it back... Damn be January before I could drive my D, lol.

And when I only have 1 truck, that sucks!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hey Shawn:

Yeah, Dan's up in Minyasotya hey. Your down in FL right? DAMN, there's a place down there that bulletproofs D trannys. Real good & decent prices. Can't remember if it was discussed here at DodgeTalk or over at the old DOC site though. Maybe do a search here on trans rebuilds (just for Gen 1 D's).

I hear ya on the 1 vehicle thing. We actually have 4 vehicle here in Uggville, but 2 of em are antique MV's. Since the Mrs is the bread winner here, she NEEDS to be mobile, & since I may have dire medical issues from time to time, I need to have wheels too.

Her ride has OVER 160K & now has a leaky gas tank, & my D has a bad O2 sensor & I'm lucky if I can get 8 MPG's with it. So needless to say, I don't drive it unless I absolutely have to. The D also has tranny issues ever since Dodge FIXED it. :VHOT: Thing is, right now we can't even afford the parts let alone payin someone to do the work, let alone puttin the vehicles offline to fix em

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I know a number people who have gotten transmissions done through Dan. Martin Saine in CA does the work. Shipping apparently has not been a big issue. I don't know how long It would take them to do it but it looks like you are attempting it yourself. Have you done a tranny before? I don't know how long it will take but them doing it vs your first crack, you may take longer. Anothe place the Dak guys go is APS Wayne is the point of contact. (I can't find the link. Do a web search or go to dakota-durango.com) You can also call John at southeastperformance.com He is in FL and does a lot of good Dak work.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
You can PM me and I can send you in the right direction. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.