DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
That article was quoted and linked to just about everywhere over the last couple of years, as speculation grew about Dodge bringing back the Charger nameplate. Of course, the Charger turned out to be a sedan based on the LX platform, as many insiders repeatedly tried to tell us.

There is a lot to be said for the current management of the Chrysler Group. Realizing there was potential for a backlash among many hard core Mopar fans after the merger with Daimler-Benz, they have made every effort to honor the performance heritage of Dodge with new products that live up to their "R/T" badge. You can slap that badge on just about anything, but DCX realized if it's not RWD and V8-powered, it's just a pretender. And I agree!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The history of the future! DC should be thanked for not chasing the bean counters dreams, but realizing passion draws customers.
I've never owned a Mopar vehicle in 40 years, now two sit in my garage.
Something is going well...

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's allot to be said about automotive "vision", possibly DC has captured that. I am a long time GM man...all pontiacs...'73 TA, '74 TA, '94 TA 25Th Anniv, '98 Tansport, '04 montana...All vehicles still in my posession.

BUT I am now a MOPAR guy as well. My wife has an '03 PT and I just picked up an R/T AWD...WHY ? DC's vision of what guys like me (us) want in a daily driver, that doesn't cost $40K plus. I tried to find something in the GM stable that would satisfy my urge...The GTO is great, but not as a daily car, especially in the North East climate. The Caddies are way too much $$, so what's left ? No wonder GM lost over one billion $ last year.

Give credit where it's due...You can't please everyone, but DC sure has pleased allot more than their competition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.