DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my powerwagon and decided to change the fluids myself. changed engine oil, front and rear diff, and was wondering how many greese zerts are on the front of the truck and where they are. i only was able to find two zerts on the steering components, are there more??

Thanks

Evan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can anyone post some pics to give me an idea exactly where because last thing i want to do is miss one. is there another thread with pics already ?? i tried lookin.

Thanks a lot,

Evan

·
Registered
524 Posts
This fitting is hard to find even with photos.....but it is there.....also it may help to clean the inside area of the joint if there is dirt or mud there....get a bright flashlight or drop light and go looking for it....

·
Registered
335 Posts
thats perfect!!! My dealer could not find this fitting. It tells you in 2 or 3 place to grease this but they could not find it and neither could I. Thanks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the front drive shaft, and the two zerts on the steering. are there more or is this it cause it doesn't seem like that many?

Thanks,

Evan

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Huh.hu.hm.huh.hu.hu...."He said greasing the front end".. heh heh

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
On the PW, you will need to remove the transfer case rockgard to get to the front driveshaft fitting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i am out of town right now when i get home i will have to check out the driveshaft to find the cup type greese fitting. to grease it will i need to use a needle fitting??

thanks
Evan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just greased my front shaft again yesterday. I usually jack up the drivers front wheel, and put the trans in neutral. This way you can spin the drive shaft until it's in the best position for greasing. I've never removed the skid plates before, but it would probably make it easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was lookin but still couldn't find it. could it be that it has never been greased cause many dealers dont know about it and i bought my truck used it may be rusted over ?? looked for about 10 min. that worked nicely jacing up the driver tire.

I guess ill try to keep lookin its kinda tight in there lol

EVan

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
thebigdawg said:
Just greased my front shaft again yesterday. I usually jack up the drivers front wheel, and put the trans in neutral. This way you can spin the drive shaft until it's in the best position for greasing. I've never removed the skid plates before, but it would probably make it easier.
Yep- not required to remove anything... You just need the right tools.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Edit: Still looking for mine, havn't found it... yet. Better picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
DJM1 that is a great idea about sticking a pic in the glovebox. I get lifetime oil changes and the dealer always gives me the run around about the front end. Now I can show them the picture. :rck:

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Finally found it. I used marker to mark the driveshaft and put arrows to where it is. What a piece of shit grease fitting. I think I got more grease on me then in the hole. Not to mention all the rust and dirt in my eyes :crazy:

mikeincg said:
DJM1 that is a great idea about sticking a pic in the glovebox. I get lifetime oil changes and the dealer always gives me the run around about the front end. Now I can show them the picture. :rck:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good photo ...that should help others a lot.....I like the idea of paint or marking the area.....will do that on mine next service....and you are right about getting more grease on your hands than in the fitting.....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts