DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
CWR
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was told that I should start a new thread on something that probably a lot of you have went through and I need help and maybe some of you could use the help. I have a 1997 Grand Caravan and recently purchased a camper to toe, well as everyone knows the trans in some of these caravans aren't the best in the world. So I need to put a trans cooler on it to help with this problem. Has anyone out there had to go through this installing a trans cooler on the caravan and doing it yourself? Im told from a friend the grill and bumper guard has to come off and if so can anyone give full details on this removal and all that goes to doing this mod. Even if you dont toe anything this mod would be a good thing for all caravans since the transmissions seem to leave at around 100,000 miles. Any help for this mod would be greatly appreciated and hope when all answers it will help others as well. Thanks everyone.
Calvin CWRDodge

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If I recall correctly, the transmissions were coming apart because the diff pins were coming loose - not due to overheating

At least that is my understanding

a transmission cooler is generally a good idea if you are towing

sadly I have never installed a transmission cooler and so I cannot comment on how it is done

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.