DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like to get GPS Navigation for my Ram 1500. I know that I can get the RB1 unit which is made to fit in my truck. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with GPS in general before I make the plunge and get the RB1. Are there any better aftermarket alternatives? Or should i just stick with the RB1? I would like to stay below $1,000. THANKS

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I think you can get GPS units that send info to a PDA via bluetooth. I checked into that and it's a little cheaper. You can buy all the stuff you need for it on ebay.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here's a good source for seeing what's available. http://www.thegpsstore.com/GPS-Automotive.asp I think pioneer also makes a mobile unit. I use a Lowrance portable unit for increased flexibility.

I saw a Durango commercial yesterday where a family was towing their boat and the guys wife was going over the features and asking her husband if he liked them She then asked why he didn't use the GPS and his response was "We're not lost". The camera panned out and he's doing a u-turn in the desert while pulling his boat. The GPS display didn't show water in the area.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Yeah.... I like that commercial

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Magellan Roadmate 700 and personally think it's the best "portable" automotive GPS out there. Software is excellent and the fact that it has a 10 GB harddrive with USB connection for updates is awesome. Most have memory cards and you have to load a different map for every region you are going into.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I love my RB1, had it in my 03 and moved it to my 05 and also have one in my Liberty. Wouldn't own a vehicle without one now.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I used a PDA GPS system in my last truck with a window suction mount, and I now have the RB1. It sure is nice to have it built-in to the radio with no wires, cigarette adapter cords, etc. My RB1 was $875 from Ebay seller "mr.cd1" and I love it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a RB1 in my Ram and also the Durango, wouldn't be without it, use it daily an it is very precise.

Bob

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a Garmin Ique 3600 and love it. Its a full function PDA and GPS. It has voice prompts and is completely portable. I paid $400 for the unit including the car kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.