Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GPS Navigation Update?

Anyone know how to get a GPS Navigation Update CD?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

It may be worth it to call the dealer. I would think if you got the Nav system as a FACTORY option then the CD updates should be included as part of the bumper-to-bumper warantee. It would be the same concept as the computer needing an update I would think.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have seen them on ebay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had a cd that was scratched and i went to the dealership to see how much to replace it was like 400 thats crazy i took it to a cd shop and they refinished the cd works fine the 2004 is the latest cd

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can get it from Alpine. There is a coupon on the inside cover of the NAV DVD good for one free update disc within one calender year from purchase. I sent for mine about 2 weeks ago, still waiting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, got the new updated Nav disc from Alpine and I m not impressed. There are still roads that have been around for over a year and they still are not on this disc. So my advice is if your not getting the new disc for free as an upgrade I would wait a while for a more current version and hope they do a better job.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just checked, I don't have a coupon :huh: What version did they send you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just posted this last week .. a little further down on the forum ....

For anybody with a RB1 that was wandering when the next map updates would be available, I just talked to customer support and they informed me that they probably won't be released until sometime late this summer or fall. The current version is still P/N 05064033AC - July 2004. There doesn't seem to any easy way to know when a release has occurred other than calling the Alpine support people.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
lynnk said:
For anybody with a RB1 that was wandering when the next map updates would be available, I just talked to customer support and they informed me that they probably won't be released until sometime late this summer or fall.
Good info ... thanks. "mr.cd1" on Ebay is a good source for discs and such ... currently $50 for the July 04 DVD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just called Alpine last night. They told me that the new DVD will be released in Jan. 2006. The cost of the upgrade will be $150. They also said that they no longer give out coupons for a first free upgrade. What a rip off. Just got my NAV unit installed and found out that the road that I have been living on since 1998 isn't mapped yet. Hope the new update will have it on there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
January is nearly over and no update in sight.. too bad.

rfblunk525 said:
Just called Alpine last night. They told me that the new DVD will be released in Jan. 2006. The cost of the upgrade will be $150. They also said that they no longer give out coupons for a first free upgrade. What a rip off. Just got my NAV unit installed and found out that the road that I have been living on since 1998 isn't mapped yet. Hope the new update will have it on there.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
nightshade72 said:
January is nearly over and no update in sight.. too bad.
An update for the RB4 was just released ... good sign.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.